Export thread

McDonalds vs Tim Hortons. Another USA vs Canada matchup for the ages!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/773327--mcdonald-s-declares-war-on-tim-hortons
McDonald’s Canada, flush with the success of last year’s frontal assault on coffee king Tim Hortons, has declared all-out war on one of Canadians’ favourite late winter fantasies: Roll Up the Rim to Win.

As Tim’s opened its 24th annual thumbfest Monday with prizes ranging from an SUV to a free doughnut, the fast food behemoth started handing out free coffee for two weeks, no purchase required.
might get me to drink McDonald's coffee, but nothing will keep me from my Roll up the Rim. Especially not this year! A friend bought me a Rim Roller (Arguably the most useless patent ever filed) that I can't wait to try!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

What's a Tim Horton?

Chippy

Chippy

And the fuck is a canada? I hear they're winning a bunch of gold. Is it like a show dog or something?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Rim roller?

LittleSin

LittleSin

Oh boy. This threAd is going to be GOLD.

Espy

Espy

Rim roller?
Must be one of those dirty canadian sex acts.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Rim roller?
Must be one of those dirty canadian sex acts.[/QUOTE]

Sounds likesending annoying youtube links in the middle of those filthy sex acts.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

LittleSin

LittleSin

Philosopher B.

Canadian sorcery.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

They both serve coffee akin to sludge or tar. Fuck em both. Tim Horton's has sucked balls since they stopped doing fresh Boston Cream Supremes anyway.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I don't like coffee, but I've got to side with Tim Hortons since their doughnuts>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mcdonald's burgers.

General Specific

General Specific

Being better than McDonald's burgers is not exactly hard.

Gusto

Gusto

Oh boy. This threAd is going to be GOLD.
Ba-dum-tish.

Rob King

Rob King

I don't like Tim Horton's coffee, but it's always been more of a social thing to me anyhow. During my first year of University, I spent many evenings writing papers, drinking [strike] sludge [/strike] coffee, and people-watching. I do this less at Tim Horton's now, because I no longer live near a 24 hour shop, but it does hold a special place in my heart.

It is a place that McDonald's can never steal.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I don't like Tim Horton's coffee, but it's always been more of a social thing to me anyhow. During my first year of University, I spent many evenings writing papers, drinking [strike] sludge [/strike] coffee, and people-watching. I do this less at Tim Horton's now, because I no longer live near a 24 hour shop, but it does hold a special place in my heart.

It is a place that McDonald's can never steal.
Yeah, back in the carefree art school days some of my friends and I would sit around at a Tim's till 4 or 5 in the morning drawing. I miss those times.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

The video doesn't seem to help. What does it do?

Edit:
I get it now.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

But free coffee cannot compete with the shared pain of roll up the rim, nobody talks about what they win, we only talk about how many times we see that friggin Play Again result.

Rob King

Rob King

But free coffee cannot compete with the shared pain of roll up the rim, nobody talks about what they win, we only talk about how many times we see that friggin Play Again result.
I talked to a guy once who knew a guy who's cousin was present when a patron at a Tim Horton's in an unidentified city won a muffin.

Dei

Dei

One of the things I miss about living closer to Canada is Tim Hortons. :(

klew

klew

I was in McDonald's today and saw no mention of it, though I don't drink coffee anyway.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

You may be in the wrong country.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

There are 2 Tim Hortons in Parkersburg, and one in Wheeling. WTF is up with that?