Export thread

Medicial Marijunana help revive newspaper industry??

Chibibar

Medical Marijuana a Cash Crop for Newspaper Ads - EconWatch - CBS News

wow. 10% of revenue? that is pretty high. And I am not referring using the newspaper for smoking purpose (ink taste bad)

Koko

I believe this def

in the San Diego Reader originally....
the last page was a all medical marijuana ads

then, 2 pages
now its like friggen 6 or more pages back to back full color medical marijuana advertisements.

When dispensaries have to be relatively low-key about who they are, all they have is marketing to get business.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Considering that hemp makes much better paper than wood pulp, I'm surprised they haven't run with the idea already.

--Patrick

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Considering that hemp makes much better paper than wood pulp, I'm surprised they haven't run with the idea already.
*shrug* Historical and social pressure. Plus, more capital outlay for paper mills since they'd have to at least modify their equipment.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Hemp regrows at what, dozens of times faster than it takes to replenish trees?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Yes. And it doesn't require clear-cutting to use, needs less care, etc. There's a reason the activists are so active about it.

--Patrick

@Li3n

@Li3n

What's really sad is that mj is only one type of hemp...

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Yes. And it doesn't require clear-cutting to use, needs less care, etc. There's a reason the activists are so active about it.

--Patrick
I thought it was the THC.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Hemp contains only 1-5% of the THC of full-blown MJ, meaning you'd have to consume 20-100x the amount of hemp to get the same high as 1 unit of marijuana. If that were the only reason for making hemp illegal, peanuts and bananas would be illegal, too.

--Patrick

David

David

Peanuts are a gateway legume.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Hemp contains only 1-5% of the THC of full-blown MJ, meaning you'd have to consume 20-100x the amount of hemp to get the same high as 1 unit of marijuana. If that were the only reason for making hemp illegal, peanuts and bananas would be illegal, too.

--Patrick
Peanuts are not illegal where you're from?