Menu tabs & Other Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
With all the new & wonderful stuff I keep adding that Ame has to fix, I noticed that the top bar was getting extremely cluttered. Like on some screens it was too much and you couldn't see everything. Basically it was a clusterfuck.

Today I have fixed this. I think I have everything back but the menus will be simpler and more streamlined. HalStuff has the Wiki and Blogs, Fun & Games has the Gameroom, Arcade and Triple Triad. It'll also soon have a new thing called RPG Hero that will allow you to use your HalBucks to buy weapons, armor & stuff like that so you can battle monsters & other people. Oh, and it allows for clans so you can create your own cliques!

If I've missed anything or if there is anything you'd like to see added, just let me know.

Coming soon we will have links to Hub Members and will very, very soon have our own comic on the front page, courtesy of a certain Bumble.

Stay tuned, folks!

Look good Dave :thumbsup:

And also thanks for all the hard work you and Ame put in to the message board it is greatly appreciated :)

So these weapons... will we be able to randomly attack forumites. Say I make a post and someone doesn't like it (a fairly common occurrence), can they wield a weapon and attack me in some fashion? Cause that would be cool. Or is this going to be a challenge thing like triad is?

Dave

Staff member
It's going to be like the old Conquest system was. You can attack people, but only those who have a character in the game. If you want to mess with someone who is not playing the game you'll have to try and steal something from them using the Market.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

And the RPG Hero thing is a bitch and a half to set up so it's going to be a bit unless I get off my ass. I have to create all the classes, monsters, items and everything - from scratch. So things might be over powered or under powered or just fucking broken. It'll take some real tweaking to get it right. If only there was a manual or something. (There's not.)

No, it's perfect. I can have my window the way I usually have it, have Chatzilla open on the right side, and not have to worry about crap I can't see in the menu bar. I love it.

Just out of curiosity, I don't see the Market option anywhere. Am I just missing it or was it removed intentionally?

Dave

Staff member
To get the menu to work in the ACP I had to go through and rename each table from "rpg_whatever" to "vb1_rpg_whatever". But now that that works (besides the Manager Boss portion which still gives SQL errors, probably because nobody has played a match yet) I get an SQL error that says "Table 'davidn_vb1.vb1_' doesn't exist" which means it may still be looking for a connect that I failed to update by simply renaming the tables. In short, I'm going to have to go through each record in the table to see if I have to rename something else.

THEN I get to set up the items and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.