Export thread

Merry Halforums Christmas!

Terrik

Terrik

As I live in the future, I've already started the celebration!

First, it was time for the traditional Indian Christmas Eve dinner

And beer. Lots of import beer.

I also festively shaved my mustache. And this what was left. So festive.

Then, as I was walking out, I spotted another bar that specializes in import beers. As I currently live 20km outside of the city, this is a big deal to me. Also--Christmas. How could I not indulge?

Tehn it was announced there was to be a drinking contest. All I had to do was down this (middle) drink in 1 minute.

I did it in 19 seconds. Then I downed the smalled one in 5.35 seconds. I won a couple of these. If I look uncomfortable, keep in mind, I just downed that drink. Also, my coat is rather bulky. Because I hate the cold.

Here's another guy trying, but narrowly failing to do the same (click to view)

And thus, Christmas continues....ON TO CHRISTMAS BREAKFAST....WHICH I HAVE TO MAKE FOR SOME REASON.

Dave

Dave

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Zappit

Zappit

Merry Chistmas, all you crazy folks that I care about!

Emrys

Emrys

Merry Christmas from me and the doomweasels. I love you all.

Tress

Tress

Merry Xmas errbody!

Gared

Gared

Merry Christmas everyone!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

hailsanta.jpg

bhamv3

bhamv3

Argh here I am sitting at work on Christmas, dealing with clients who have no idea what they're talking about. It's like having to work today is making everybody extra irritable.

Bah humbug.

Grytpipe-Thynne

Grytpipe-Thynne

Merry Christmas to all.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I'm sick of this holiday and I'm sick of the holiday season. I have very few family that I even want to see (fine with seeing my mother, but that would mean seeing my father), so this is just another day for me. I've worked retail far too long and seen too many people scramble for gifts that will be opened and forgotten within minutes after opening. The whole "Christmas spirit" is bullshit because it's become so fucking commercialized, not to mention forced upon by Christians to the point that it dominates over any culture (and that's speaking as a former Catholic).

I don't care anymore. Enjoy your holidays and your families, I guess. I won't say that phrase, though. I'm sick of hearing it. I'm sick of reading it. I'm sick of Christmas.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Merry Christmas, you magnificent bastards.

David

David

Terrik

Terrik

I just spent the entire afternoon at the outdoor hot springs. What a day.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I don't care anymore. Enjoy your holidays and your families, I guess. I won't say that phrase, though. I'm sick of hearing it. I'm sick of reading it. I'm sick of Christmas.
Happy Winter festival, then. I really enjoy getting gifts for people, but due to finances I can rarely afford to do so. If nothing else, Christmas serves me as "that one time a year I can justify indulging in gift-giving" even if it doesn't end up being "the celebration of Jesus' birth." Heck, my wife prefers to celebrate Solstice (the 21st) but she still has peculiar ideas about what can/can't be done on the 24th. Sorry the day is full of so much other meaning for you.

As I write this, we are almost three hours late getting on the road to visit family BUT it's still too early to call them and let them know, so the day will be full of surprises for all, I guess.

--Patrick

Cajungal

Cajungal

Merry Christmas! It's finally here :) I get to see family from all over and enjoy dad's kickass fried turkey. Best day ever! Jake is going to flip when he sees what I got him... :D

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Merry Christmas everyone! @HCGLNS is making a bacon extravaganza and the turkey is in the oven!

Our daughter just told me that it was the best Christmas ever and she wanted to keep us as parents :)

PatrThom

PatrThom

I miss this comic.

--Patrick

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Fried up some bacon and used my hobo magic to produce the most amazing toast!

I was smart this year and have overfed the cats and got them high on catnip.

Looks like wall to wall Lego is going to be my afternoon :)

I almost pulled off a Xmas surprise too but my wife caught me heading out the door at 4 a.m. with a bundle of gifts for a neighbour who I knew was going to have a meagre morning. After a few minutes of doomweasel torture she let me go about my elfing.

Merry Christmas everybody!

- Hugh

evilmike

evilmike

Merry Christmas everyone!
christmas 2013.jpg

Bones

Bones

MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS!

@ThatNickGuy I FEEL THE SAME WAY! that brofist is from me!

Null

Null

Happy Holidays everyone!

fade

fade

It really is more fun to give gifts than receive them. If my kids forget them in a minute (which I must say has not been my experience) so be it. It was fun the see the light and the sheer bliss. We are pretty secular so the religious part doesn't figure much, but we do have a warm happy day together. (I am really sorry if you're having a bad experience. I really am. )

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Watching my son's face light up when he saw that "Santa" had come was better than anything we unwrapped. :heart:

Lots of hugs to those who are having a less-than-ideal day today. I sincerely wish there was something I could say or do to change that for you. I just hope by the time everyone in Halforum goes to bed tonight, they have something they can smile about.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Good: I got a French press coffee pot.
Bad: I have no ground coffee for it!! AHHHH!

The kids were more thrilled with their presents to each other than anything else they got. It was awesome. :)

Now for breakfast casserole and music and hopefully a nap later since Mr. Wasabi and I were up until 1am.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Merry Christmas everybody :)

I don't particularly think of Christmas as "celebrating Jesus' birthday". It IS a commercial holiday about giving and receiving gifts. But eh. Everybody celebrates Christmas, it's easy to just have a party and be merry along with everyone. Plus, it's the holiday about giving to poor, thinking of the less fortunate, and all that. Give a gift to a hobo, they deserve one too ;-)

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Really is the best holiday all year when you have kids of any age. Seeing their faces light up (even as teenagers) is an awesome feeling.

The wife enjoying her gifts is just an added bonus. Getting presents is the icing on the cake.

Merry Awesome Christmas everyone.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

This is the best face ever! LOL
IMG_0070.jpg

Emrys

Emrys

What an adorable little booger! Would he like to join my doomweasel brigade?

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

What an adorable little booger! Would he like to join my doomweasel brigade?
I've been calling him Booger lately, too! He would probably love being part of the doomweasel brigade. Just keep in mind his appetite is deceptively large and he will talk to you about his story ideas until your ears feel numb. He could be a great source of distraction to send in prior to the first wave of doomies, though.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Merry Christmas, every one!

Far

Far

Merry Christmas all! Off to work in an hour or so but wanted to share my haul.
Christmas.jpg

Very happy with the pc, and that it did arrive yesterday. Boots from off to windows login screen in 20 seconds.

fade

fade

I got a f1.8 50mm prime lens for my camera, a badger shaving brush, and an assload of booze from my wife. I got her a pair of running shoes and a gym bag. No hints, her request.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Didn't ask for anything for Christmas this year because I couldn't get anyone else anything. But my brother surprised me by gifting me "Guacamelee: Gold Edition" on Steam. I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but from everything I've ever seen I think I'm going to enjoy it immensely!

Gared

Gared

My haul was surprisingly good this year. Good enough that I can't decide if I'm happier with the actually good 6" utility knife I got from my mothers-in-law, or the Indian cookbook and appropriate spices from Penzey's Spices that my parents got me.

Cajungal

Cajungal

It was a rough morning because of in-law things... but then it got better! Dad made a delicious leg of lamb, everyone enjoyed my pecan pie, and I got to play Scrabble with my aunt and uncle who live out of town. Nice day. I feel very fortunate.

Jay

Jay

XLU6BPy.png

jwhouk

jwhouk

Sick is what I got. It's hard to enjoy the holiday when you're puking every hour or so.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

A late-arriving present just showed up at my doorstep from my neice.

It's pretty fucking awesome

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

This was probably the best Christmas I've had in my life. Ones when I lived at my mom's house ranged from stressful to hellish because she puts too much emphasis on getting everything "right", so I don't go back there anymore. The last five years, my wife and I spend it with my aunts and their twin children, who really make the holiday. It doesn't feel like it has as much point for me if there aren't kids around and if my wife and I are alone next year since they're all moving across the country, we'll probably celebrate on our religious day instead of theirs.

But as a possible last, it was great. Christmas Eve we had grilled chicken, watched Muppet Christmas Carol, and after the kids and my wife went to bed, I stayed up with my aunts setting up Santa's gifts and hiding Santa's scavenger hunt clues. The kids were excited in the morning, as I expected, but what was really great were the odd moments where they would get something so unexpected that they'd be stunned speechless. The rest of the day was spent cooking and playing their new board games until the late evening when we had to go home.

I don't know what I'm gonna do next year when they're living in Arizona, but I cherish the time I had with them this winter.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

A late-arriving present just showed up at my doorstep from my neice.
I have wanted to get one of those! There's one with the names written on the sand at the beach that I like, too.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

My wife got us bumper cars for xmas. :D