Mobile Theme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
I mentioned it in the sticky about the changeover, but that's gone now, so I figured I may as well post it again:

Can we install this style: Mobile, Cell, Phone, PDA, iPhone Style

... with the following addon, so we can use mobile.halforums.com: Different Domain, Different Style
Working on it now. Not sure what good the Different Domain thing will do, but I'll add it in for you.

Note that the Mobile one is still in Beta so if it doesn't work right please report bugs so I can forward them to the developer.

Dave

Staff member
Working on it now. Not sure what good the Different Domain thing will do, but I'll add it in for you.

Note that the Mobile one is still in Beta so if it doesn't work right please report bugs so I can forward them to the developer.
Mobile is now live, but I don't have subdomains so I still don't think the other will do anything for you.

Some mobile browsers will automatically look for a mobile subdomain before loading the page, making the mobile theme the default theme on those phones. Also you could bookmark mobile.halforums.com on your phone and not have to bother with ever changing your themes from device to device.

Dave

Staff member
Some mobile browsers will automatically look for a mobile subdomain before loading the page, making the mobile theme the default theme on those phones. Also you could bookmark mobile.halforums.com on your phone and not have to bother with ever changing your themes from device to device.
Got it. Do I should make a mobile subdomain and put in that addon.

Will do.

Dave

Staff member
mobile.halforums.com has been set up and the Different domains thing is done.

Let me know if it does/does not work.

M

Mr_Chaz

I just tried mobile.halforums.com and got the normal site, but I'm using a phone capable of rendering the real version. Not sure if that would make a difference?

With recommended settings (from ESPN and TMZ, etc.), mobile.halforums.com needs zoomed in with the stock browser in my BlackBerry Curve. Same for Opera Mini on normal settings. Switching to Mobile View in Opera's settings renders ok.

R

Reboneer

Opera mini blocks the actual ads but leaves the big space where they were. Subdomain is showing correct theme though.

mobile theme was awful on my iPhone Simulator. It also didn't come up as the default theme for me when I went to mobile.halforums.com

Dave

Staff member
Mobile subdomain has stopped showing mobile theme.
Mobile theme and the additional addon that I added was causing issues and even stopped the boards from working. I'm speaking with the developer of the style to see what we can do and what's wrong.

Shannow

Staff member
Please let us know what you come up with. I would like to be able to browse here from my impression.

Just bumping this as my Crackberry is my only source of outside contact while sitting in meetings, waiting to make presentations, etc.

Dave

Staff member
I will be trying to get this again when we finally get a settled look and feel. We'll have 1 or 2 styles and I'll attempt to add the mobile again.

Ironically if we were still on the old boards, there's an iPhone app specifically for browsing phpBB forums.

Dave

Staff member
We will be putting this in, but not until we get the site redone. No sense in doing the work twice.

Shannow

Staff member
Yeah, i figured it would be after the rebuild. Just wanted to know if it was still planned for when you are done with the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.