Export thread

Monk-ing around with Diablo 3...

@Li3n

@Li3n

So, anyone that was at Blizzcon played the new class?! How does it feel etc?! (Monk's have been my fav D&D class ever since NWN... and i might play them before the Wizard, which as the Sorc was my fav D2 class).

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

The monk is all about quick attacks and combos. You can chain a few moves together for various effects, like applying a damage over time effect to some of the more hardy enemies after attacking with quick strikes. The biggest downside is they are just as "squishy" as a Wizard, so you have to be very careful when running into large groups, I learned this the hard way.

Personally, my favorite class was always the Necromancer and the Amazon, but since the Witchdoctor gives me a lukewarm feeling, I am waiting out for the final class reveal, which will most likely be very Amazon-esque since we have yet to get a bow/spear throwing type of class. The monk semi-covers the paladin role, so we won't be getting another mostly melee class.

Gill Kaiser

I'm calling the fifth class as a crossbow-wielding Inquisitor or Van Helsing-style Witchhunter, complete with holy water and anti-demon blessings/maledictions.

@Li3n

@Li3n

I'd prefer a ranged/shifter combo... maybe a Ranger that can half-shift into a faster form that can still use weapons. He could also have traps on him... (just though of this, it so fits a ranger). So Ranged Tree, Shift Tree and Traps Tree...

@ScytheRexx

I was thinking more along the lines of how it felt, the mechanics are all over the internet.