More stuff from LittleSin *Updated 04/26/09*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woo hoo. A new painting...to bad my camera maimed it. It's way to big for a scanner and I really don't know how to take good pics of canvas.

Anyone know anything about that?

More stuff from LittleSin

I love the colors you use!

It seems dark but so colorful at the same time

Awesome stuff, as usual :uhhuh:

And sorry, I have no idea of any proper canvas picture-taking techniques
The largest area I've used for art fits snug in my scanner :Leyla:

Uh well I try to take pictures of my paintings straight on, filling as much of the viewscreen as possible, without a flash, under fluorescent lighting. And I take afew shots just to make sure I have one that accurately portrays the hues, tones, etc.

If I feel that the colours in the painting aren't being accurately portrayed, sometimes I'll mess with some of the levels in photoshop. Not to improve the painting, but rather to get the image closer to reality. This isn't always easy, especially if you have a lot of different colours. But yeah.

P

Philosopher B.

Dreamy.

For some reason it makes me think of that flash cartoon Bu Hua (Cat). It's not as sketchy, though.

When I take digicam pics of printed material, and if I need the flash, I step back up and then zoom in, but hold the camera steady. Sometimes using macro mode helps.

Thanks for the advice and the compliments. I have some drawings done but it's hard to get those scanned seeing as my scanner hates Vista and vice versa.

Some new sketches. I was watching Dragon Ball Z and just felt like doodling...these are the three best ones. :p

I'm going to ink this one I think. Based on a stockphoto on devart.

Another stockphoto based one. Ooooo...dramatic. I think Goku was being crushed by Giant Ape Vegeta when I drew this one.

Hm. Another stockphoto...huh. Perhaps I should start drawing strictly off models. This one is my fav though.

T

The Mike

More stuff from LittleSin *Updated 02/04/09*

I Love your work, keep it up

More stuff from LittleSin *Updated 02/04/09*

Okay, I'm stuck. I got a beatriful and large canvas for my birthday. After several days of sitting around staring at I did this to it:

A few days and three coats of paints later I went ahead, grabbed my purple paint and did this:

Now I'm starting to rethink what I was originally going to do with this painting. In fact, I want to do something completely different. The trouble is I have no idea what to do. So I turn to you, my creative friends, for help. Please give me an idea what to do!

As you can tell from past drawings and painting my tastes varies but I do have a deep love of sci-fi, fantasy-like, surreal imagery and I love a sharp crisp feel that sort os mixes modern things in with retro stylings.

So, have at it! Share with me your wisdom!

More stuff from LittleSin *Updated 02/12/09* HELP ME!

Yeah I know I just laughed because the whole situation was like EXACTLY THE SAME. ;)

Ross

Staff member
More stuff from LittleSin *Updated 02/12/09* HELP ME!

Needs a giant penis.

or...fire-breathing Godzilla

More stuff from LittleSin *Updated 02/13/09*

So, decided to go around the house today and archive a few of my paintings with the use of my camera. Two hours of picture snapping and photoshop touching up later and I'm all done. So here are some of my paintings. They still don't look as good as they do in person but I think the touch ups did them good.

First of all, the first two paintings I ever did. A Type O Negative tribute thing and a weird one that I tosses a line from Linkin Parks Papercut into.

This one is a sappy painting I did. It reads I wanted roots. I grew in you. It's about 4 feet tall and the lettering was done with news paper clippings.

Random painting thing I was commissioned to do...then the person backed out and never paid me. They said they liked it but thought $30.00 was too much for any kind of art. Ass.

I had a desire to paint something that looked like it came from a comic book. This was the result.

When ever I have nightmare I end up running or hiding. Something is always blocking the exit.

Did this for the 24 hour art marathon at Eastern Edge Gallery. It was the only one that did not sell and I can see why. Its shitty. I painted it at 5 am after being up for 18 hours. :p

The following three were painted on paned of glass in layers. They were interesting experiments as I has to start with the fully painted line worked and do layers to the background. Itès a bit hard to get your mind around.

So...enjoy!

North_Ranger

Staff member
More stuff from LittleSin *Updated 02/25/09*

I have to say, I really like the nightmare and the unpaid commission pieces quite a lot. They look interesting to me.

Is the nightmare piece a repetition of an actual nightmare?

North_Ranger said:
I have to say, I really like the nightmare and the unpaid commission pieces quite a lot. They look interesting to me.

Is the nightmare piece a repetition of an actual nightmare?
Yeppers! I seem to have a fear of shadowy things...and zombies. My nightmares get all Topsy turvy and crazy, like a roller coaster. I wake up so panicky sometimes that I don't know what to do with myself.

Hark! New art things!

This started as a doodle and morphed into whatever this is.

My sisters birthday present.

Status
Not open for further replies.