Export thread

Motorcyclist protests mandatory helmet laws...

strawman

strawman

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/07/04/new.york.motorcyclist.death/index.html?iref=NS1

A bareheaded motorcyclist participating in a ride to protest mandatory helmet laws was killed when he was thrown over the handlebars in Onondaga, New York.
:facepalm:

Adam

Adammon

If you don’t wear a helmet… you will die.

makare

If you don’t wear a helmet… you will die.
bwahahahahahahaha

strawman

strawman

Chris Hansen has nothing on this guy.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

strawman

strawman

Yes, I know it's posted in the Chris Hansen thread. I am of the opinion that this level of stupidity deserves its own thread.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Two 4th of July threads? Fine.
One thread that shares topics with a derail of another thread? Can't have that.

strawman

strawman

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I live in a helmet optional state but I would never ride without a helmet because of my safety and because it would set a bad example for my kids that I make wear a helmet when they rise with me

Shannow

Shannow

What can I say...some folks are stupid around here.

makare

Every year around sturgis some people end up cracking their heads on the pavement. Sorry the helmet messes with your badassness but come on.

Shannow

Shannow

I say let 'em! It is Darwinism in full effect at this point.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I admire dude's dedication

Chibibar

you know what is interesting? I guess it must be age or something, but I wonder about something.

I am NOT against putting safety measure in stuff to make people safer. I'm all about helmet, seatbelts and safety goggles, but why even bother have laws for them? If people want to risk themselves and be killed, then let them.

Adam

Adammon

you know what is interesting? I guess it must be age or something, but I wonder about something.

I am NOT against putting safety measure in stuff to make people safer. I'm all about helmet, seatbelts and safety goggles, but why even bother have laws for them? If people want to risk themselves and be killed, then let them.
Because it's the people flying through their windshield and hitting me in MY car because they're not wearing their seat belt that impacts me most...figuratively speaking of course.

Dei

Dei

I hate living in a Helmet Optional state, and it makes me cringe when I see overweight guy in a tank top and shorts, with his wife behind him in tank tops and shorts, neither wearing a helmet, flying down a 75mph highway. The no helmet part is bad enough, but really, if they got in a wreck in those outfits, I don't know that there'd be enough skin left on them anyways. :p

Gared

Gared

Also, the laws are in place because they provide for the punishing of parents who fail/refuse to use safety restraints and/or devices on their children. As I understood it (it's been a long time since the law has been explained to me and it may have changed), in Washington state, if an adult is driving and a child under the age of 18 (regardless of relationship to the adult) in the car is not wearing a seatbelt, the adult is ticketed.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

It's the same in GA.

Chibibar

Also, the laws are in place because they provide for the punishing of parents who fail/refuse to use safety restraints and/or devices on their children. As I understood it (it's been a long time since the law has been explained to me and it may have changed), in Washington state, if an adult is driving and a child under the age of 18 (regardless of relationship to the adult) in the car is not wearing a seatbelt, the adult is ticketed.
I'm all for the protection of children (under 18 and such) but when adults are being stupid without kids, I say let Darwin candidate go off their own.
I do shake my head and pity them for being stupid.

Tress

Tress

It's called "social cost."

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I'm all for the protection of children (under 18 and such) but when adults are being stupid without kids, I say let Darwin candidate go off their own.
I do shake my head and pity them for being stupid.
Because they crack their head on the pavement, and become a vegetable for the state to take care of.