Moving

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you not following the Politics thread, I've been heavily affected by the whole morass that's going on in Wisconsin.

Short version: due to a reduction in number of youth being placed in the juvenile system, they are closing my workplace in Waukesha and moving them all up to a place near Merrill - which is four hours away.

I have just been offered a job up there. Same position, same pay - but I would have to find a place to live up there, then try to sell this place.

Oh, and I'm not sure if they have high-speed internet up there. :Leyla:

C

Chibibar

sucks on the move, but glad they have a job for you. I wish you many lucks on your house selling!

It may just be because I'm used to moving between apartments in the same 20 mile radius, but 4 hours sounds like a serious move to me. Good luck!

I'm glad you've been offered a job at the other facility. Moving sucks pretty hard core, but if you don't mind the idea of uprooting I'm sure you'll adjust. Good luck, man!

There is good news: I start Monday, May 9th up there.

Not so good news: I have to pay $1300 for first month's rent AND deposit.

Better news: THERE'S CABLE INTERNET!

I'm not liking the omens:

My wife and dad went up with me to take a look at said apartment on Sunday. On our way out of the city, we stopped at a Culver's custard stand to have some dinner. While in there, we noticed something about a "tornado warning" for Taylor County.

We all were looking around, wondering where Taylor County was - especially in relation to Merrill.

It's a good thing we got out of there and headed south on 51/39. We got hit with the lesser stuff (massive sheets of rain and hail) as we drove south of Stevens Point.

I get home and find out a tornado - and a particularly nasty one - had hit Merrill. Fortunately, it only left the apartments with minor damage; the tornado actually touched down on the other side of the river and wiped out a bunch of factories in the industrial park.

Yay.

I've got five more days at my current institution, then 11 days to pack, move & unpack, then start up there on the 9th.

Morale at work is at an all-time low. I'm not sure if I'm experiencing Stockholm Syndrome or just second-guessing myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.