Export thread

Mr. T is offensive? WTF?

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

http://slyoyster.com/newsandpolitics/2011/mr-t-drawing-gets-paul-mayberry-fired-from-whole-foods/

What's all this jibba jabba? Of course Mr. T loves his steak. He also loves to drink his milk too. Mmmm, good for the bones. Why does it seem like there's always a cranky old lady behind a ridiculous complaint like this?

figmentPez

figmentPez

Silly vegans. If you ate better you wouldn't be so grumpy and you'd be able to get that the sign is a joke.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Vegans suck. End of discussion.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

vegan-carnivore.jpg

Philosopher B.

I pity uptight jagoffs.

Covar

Covar

I'm surprised the Vegan wasn't upset at Whole Foods for promoting steak.

Jiarn

Someone needs to tell this lady that Mr.T wakes kids from comas with just his voice.

No seriously:
http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=69856
(Wish Yahoo still had the original article up)

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I divide the world in two. Those who eat meat and those who don't.

The latter is also called "lunch".

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I divide the world in two. Those who eat meat and those who don't.

The latter is also called "lunch".
It's quite a tender subject!

Joe Johnson

Lunch? So you eat them?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Cows eat grass, don't they?

Hylian

Hylian

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

The only part of a cow that escapes the slaughter house is the moo.

strawman

strawman

Other examples of his prior Whole Foods work showed that it was good he got fired - ended up putting his art to better use later:

http://www.dangerousminds.net/comments/i_pity_whole_foods_for_firing_paul_maybury/

Fun Size

Fun Size

Deleted a long rant in favor of simplicity. I don't eat meat. I've never once told anyone else that they shouldn't. I could give a damn what you do or don't do with your own bodies. To that end: you can all go fuck yourselves.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Do you find the Mr. T art to be offensive?

Fun Size

Fun Size

Nope. I thought it was funny. Someone offended by that is apparently unaware that Whole Foods runs a meat department, and is thus a tool.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Deleted a long rant in favor of simplicity. I don't eat meat. I've never once told anyone else that they shouldn't. I could give a damn what you do or don't do with your own bodies. To that end: you can all go fuck yourselves.
Whoa, talking lunch

Nah, just kidding, just kidding... I hope you didn't take offence at my earlier jest. I just dislike the "holier-than-thou" variety of any clique, group, ism, religion, sect, cult or whatever and vegans/vegetarians of that sort are just about as annoying as they can be without playing Never Gonna Give You Up on boomboxes all the time.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

No one is saying that not eating meat makes you a bad person. Rather, not eating meat, and then chastising others who do, makes you a bad person. So you and I, we're cool.

But if we wanna go that route, then fuck you and the pita approved horse you rode in on (which I will now eat) :p

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

it's PETA

figmentPez

figmentPez

Nope. I thought it was funny. Someone offended by that is apparently unaware that Whole Foods runs a meat department, and is thus a tool.
Then you're obviously eating well enough that your mental faculties or mood aren't being adversely affected. Good for you.

What I said in my first post was a jest. Any restricted diet is difficult to make balanced, and vegan may be one of the most difficult. It's pretty easy to get grumpy if you've recently made a major change in diet, or if your ongoing eating habits aren't filling your nutritional needs. The vegans who succesfully pull off their choice and are healthly and well-adjusted in their attitude aren't the "silly vegans" who I was poking fun at

I freely mock all self-imposed eating habits that lead to stupid behavior, including my own.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I'd rather have a pita than a PETA. Bostonians taste a little horrid...

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

it's PETA
Not when using my acronym.

Draxo

Draxo

I see what you did thar.