Export thread

Musical Help

General Specific

General Specific

Ok, here's the thing. The guilty pleasures thread got me thinking about Tom Waits. Not as a guilty pleasure, but as someone I should listen to more.

So, I went to the only available source of his music I can get to while at work... YouTube. Problem with that is, I'm only able to find links to certain songs and not everything.

I have compiled a list of songs I liked and will consider buying to make a "Gen Spec's Best of Tom Waits" CD. My question(s) to anyone here who already knows and listens to Tom Waits is, what songs SHOULD I have? Which ones do you like the best?

My list so far (in no particular order):
Long Way Home
Walk Away
Hold On
God's Away on Business
Misery is the River of the World
Take it with Me
Take Me Home
I Hope I Don't Fall in Love with You
No One Knows I'm Gone
Bottom of the World

If you have favorite songs, please list them, links to places I can listen to them would be awesome as well.

Edit: Oh yes, mods & admins, feel free to move this to a more appropriate forum, I didn't see one for music, so figured here would be best.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

You can't get Pandora at work?

I'm not a Waits fan. I can't help you there.

Cajungal

Cajungal

All of Swordfishtrombones. Just fucking all of it. It's so so very good. I especially love
Underground
16 shells from a thirty ohght six, and
Just another sucker on the vine

...from that album.

Also:

Blow Wind Blow (Frank's Wild Years is great too)
Innocent when you Dream
Dead and Lovely

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

His "I don't wanna grow up" is fantastic too.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

General Specific

General Specific

You can't get Pandora at work?

I'm not a Waits fan. I can't help you there.
Yeah, Pandora is blocked, youtube is not. It used to be, but not anymore. Go figure.

netsirk

netsirk

"Fumblin' with the blues," "Depot, depot," and "Shiver me timbers." sadly, I fail at finding decent links to any of them...