Export thread

my best friend's wedding

makare

Usually I would put something like this in the epic win thread but I decided to make it its own. My best friend, Robin, is getting married today. Her reception theme is carnival and as a wedding present my mom and I made her a popcorn cake. She LOVES popcorn cake.

This is how it turned out:

Robin is the best bride ever because she just does not care how things go. She is just happy go-lucky about everything. Even though her fiance's family wants a lot of specific things, particularly religious things, that don't really fit her she is still willing to let them do what they want.

Not to be too sappy but I lover her so much. I want this day to be perfect for her and I want her to be the happiest she can possibly be.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

That's great news.

Did she convert to mormonism yet?

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

That's awesome. I can't even imagine making that. It actually looks like a Rice Crispy Treat cake which would be AMAZING.

makare

That's great news.

Did she convert to mormonism yet?
Lol no Mormonism. At six o clock today I lose my chances with her :(*

*That is a joke I am not interested in her in "that" way we;l a few ways really. Friendship is all I want ha.

Mathias

Mathias

:idhitit:

The cake I mean...

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Mazel-tov to Robin, then ;)

To be honest, I envy most marriage stories I hear in here. I don't know why, but oftentimes the protocol for weddings and funerals seem to be the same here in Finland: invite all the old farts and their friends, go to church, go to another place for obligatory meal and pretend you're enjoying listening to said old farts. The main difference seems to be the number of people being celebrated and how much they've had to drink.

May we have more pictures, please? :)

makare

I hope so! This wedding is awesome! There is all sorts of carnival food like cotton candy, sno cones and nachos. Then there are games to play like the big Plinko thing her dad made you drop a cd down than it plink plinks on the nails before landing in a number spot. I am excited about the face painting haha. I am manning the childrens craft table. I am right across from the Worst Magic Show ever. She has that wheres the ball under the cup game with clear cups. I want lots of pictures.

The ceremony is more traditional but instead of a flower girl kids carry wooden signs that say here comes the bride!

Her fiance, Sven, his family is very traditionally Lutheran so there is scripture reading and stuff like that. I always know who is related to him by their names, Britta, Brigid, Sigrid etc.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I hope so! This wedding is awesome! There is all sorts of carnival food like cotton candy, sno cones and nachos. Then there are games to play like the big Plinko thing her dad made you drop a cd down than it plink plinks on the nails before landing in a number spot. I am excited about the face painting haha. I am manning the childrens craft table. I am right across from the Worst Magic Show ever. She has that wheres the ball under the cup game with clear cups. I want lots of pictures.

The ceremony is more traditional but instead of a flower girl kids carry wooden signs that say here comes the bride!

Her fiance, Sven, his family is very traditionally Lutheran so there is scripture reading and stuff like that. I always know who is related to him by their names, Britta, Brigid, Sigrid etc.
Ah, he's of Swedish or Norwegian descent then? In that case, hjärtliga lyckönskningar!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Sounds great!

Get off the computer and go enjoy it.

makare

I'm leaving in a bit. I came home to change.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Very cool cake. Congrats to your friend!

makare

Ok here are some pics.
First here is Robin walking down the aisle. She's beautiful.

This is one of the kids holding a sign. The kids raced down the aisle so it was hard to get.

Now here are some of the stations around the Carnival

Worst magic show ever and it lived up to the hype. It was awful.. magically but entertainment-wise.. perfection

This one is the kid's craft table. I made an octopus mask and I just realized I forgot to take it.. Damn it!

A general shot of SOME of the food. Also my personal photographic specialty taking pics of other people taking pics. I am so meta.

This one they called the dress up corner but I think it might be hipster corner (Robin IS a bit of a hipster)

And there was a clown... and apparently pickles. Damn it I love pickles.

That's all I got before my camera died. Sigh.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Definitely looks like it was an awesome wedding,

You should get us a picture of the groom with the bride, otherwise the thread will feel incomplete :p