Export thread

My love hate relationship with MLB.tv

Covar

Covar

Love: So this year I've gotten big into baseball. Living in North Carolina without a team of our own I've been rooting for the Yankees (born in NY and my Grandpa is a huge Yankee fan). I have the MLB.tv package online, that lets me watch all out of market games. awesome. Except for Baltimore and Washington games I can watch every team play live. Also getting to listen to the radio broadcasts at work the next morning really helps things go by.

Hate: So as I'm sure some of you are aware Wednesday night Derek Jeter went 3-4 last night to tie Lou Gehrig for career hits as a NY Yankee. Having Thursday off I'm going to get the chance to watch them play tonight and hopefully watch Jeter become the Yankees all-time hit leader. The problem? The game is against the Baltimore Orioles. Yep. The game will be blacked out. So FUCK YOU MLB for thinking that I should watch the game on tv (we don't get Orioles or Nationals games on tv in North Carolina), or drive all the way up to NYC to catch the game in person.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Gives me an idea.

This site showed me how to watch BBC's iPlayer from outside the UK, by using Tor to make my exit point somewhere within the UK.

Might want to give that a shot to make your exit point somewhere outside the blackout zone.

Covar

Covar

I'll give that a shot tonight. thanks

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Sports Bar?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Sports Bar?
That too. Baseball goes better with beer & hot wings :D

Covar

Covar

I don't think that will work. My Grandpa has MLB Extra Innings with time warner and has the same Blackout restrictions. If I can't get the game I'll probably just watch the MLB Network. They'll most likely jump to the game every time Jeter is at bat. Stinks I won't get to see the entire game though.