Export thread

My paper on space travel - Finished!

YAOMTC

And while I'm proud of it, I really hope I got a C or better in this class so I don't have to take an essay class ever again.

Also, it seems that the thread for my rough copy was one of the threads lost in the transfer. Oh well!

Here it is (PDF).

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Before reading, I want to ask, this is about how Space Travel would work or the impact that it would have or what?

YAOMTC

Before reading, I want to ask, this is about how Space Travel would work or the impact that it would have or what?
It's mostly about the benefits/reasons of returning to space. Also some stuff about the challenges and methods.

klew

klew

I didn't really catch any of those benefits, only that new colonies for minerals/alternative energy could be useful. Nothing will happen quickly, which is why we should start as soon as possible.

YAOMTC

I didn't really catch any of those benefits, only that new colonies for minerals/alternative energy could be useful. Nothing will happen quickly, which is why we should start as soon as possible.
You didn't catch the "if there's people on Mars, and the people on Earth die, mankind will still survive" one? And the benefits to science and technology?

klew

klew

I don't think any of my past teachers would accept one example of a pandemic outbreak (even from a reputable scholar) and a blanket "there will be unpredictable beneficial inventions from it".

YAOMTC

I don't think any of my past teachers would accept one example of a pandemic outbreak (even from a reputable scholar) and a blanket "there will be unpredictable beneficial inventions from it".
I could have done more research and been more thorough, but... I really don't like writing essays, and I was running out of time due to procrastination, so I left it at that. :D

klew

klew

Fair enough, it is on the short side, so you certainly can't put too much stuff in there.