Export thread

My stupid purchase for this year.

WolfOfOdin

Well, I'm getting around 1998.78$ by the beginning of next week since the school FINALLY decided to reimburse me for the internship I did in DC for a year...thank shai-hulud I saved every receipt from that.

Here's the question, and most guys might sympathize with me here. I know myself, like a lot of guys, have the urge to buy at least one idiotic thing when they come into a decent chunk of change, and squirrel the rest away for a general living (rent, gas, food, ect). Right now I'm debating what the stupid purchase should be, so I can get that urge the hell out of my system before I go nuts and blow it all on a string of idiotic purchases.

The toss-up right now is between the 299$ PS3, a copy of dragon age and modern warfare 2 and an insanely nice ww2 era RAF greatcoat from a high ranking officer to replace my ww2 soviet coat that's seen better days.

HELP ME DO SOMETHING STUPID, FOLKS!

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Hmm... none of those seem stupid.

Why don't you use all that money to buy condoms? Lube? Bubble gum?

WolfOfOdin

I was also thinking of buying a group of chinchillas, dressing them as a mariachi band and teaching them to play at birthdays

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I was also thinking of buying a group of chinchillas, dressing them as a mariachi band and teaching them to play at birthdays[/QUOTE]
But.. that's not stupid either...

THAT'S FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!

*thinks about hastily doodling that in MS Paint*

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I was also thinking of buying a group of chinchillas, dressing them as a mariachi band and teaching them to play at birthdays[/QUOTE]
But.. that's not stupid either...

THAT'S FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!

*thinks about hastily doodling that in MS Paint*[/QUOTE]

Dooooo eeeettttttt :D

Dave

Dave

Buy Dragon Age, Torchlight and Borderlands at the same time like I did. That's pretty damned dumb because I never know which one I want to play!

Gusto

Gusto

Buy Dragon Age, Torchlight and Borderlands at the same time like I did. That's pretty damned dumb because I never know which one I want to play!
Oh man Dave. :rofl:

That was a terrible idea.

WolfOfOdin

How about I put it towards a life-time goal of building a fully functioning replica of the Starbug?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I kind of wish I had money for Borderlands, but I don't know if it would run properly on my computer. Sounds fun as hell though.

I'm boring. I say put two grand in the bank :p.

Espy

Espy

Yeah, PS3 is good. Get a netflix account too so you can use the PS3 to stream.

@Li3n

@Li3n

The toss-up right now is between the 299$ PS3, a copy of dragon age and modern warfare 2 and an insanely nice ww2 era RAF greatcoat from a high ranking officer to replace my ww2 soviet coat that's seen better days.

HELP ME DO SOMETHING STUPID, FOLKS!
The one who's price probably won't go down with time... so either the coat or modern warfare...

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

:D

Twitch

THE RAF COAT DO IT NOW DO IT NOW!

Chibibar

get dragon age :) it is pretty fun. The toolset is pretty intense, I can see many extra hours and hours of playing once the community get use to it.

and a PS3 :) make sure you have a nice HDD drive space (elite is nice)

Enresshou

Enresshou

Don't know if you have your heart set on a PS3, but just an FYI, they're doing a Modern Warfare 2 bundle for the 360: Comes with a 250GB hard drive, two wireless controllers, and COD: MW2 for $399.

But yeah, I'd vote for the video game system, games, and RAF jacket. Go for it!

@Li3n

@Li3n

Those games need to be bought for the PC... mods ftw.

Chibibar

Those games need to be bought for the PC... mods ftw.
Even Left 4 Dead PC is "better" IMO cause when the Dev release the toolset, there are lots of talented people made some seriously awesome campaigns.

Woo!!!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Buy the frickin' coat, or I will buy a flight to your part of the world and bludgeon you to death with your own frickin' mariachi chinchillas for choosing games over something so inherently cool and badass.

I'll frickin' go Simo Häyhä on your sorry ass.

WolfOfOdin

North, I do already have two greatcoats. I have a WW2 Belgian officer's coat that has an infantry pleat up the back and a soviet ww2 greatcoat, gray with red trim. The soviet one is more wearable, but I get increasingly angry stares from old people with it on >_>

I was just thinking of adding to the collection.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I stand behind my opinion and threat :p

WolfOfOdin

What if I buy the PS3 and make a mini RAF coat for it?

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 AM ----------

Actually better yet, I have an idea, guys.

I'm going to use the money to finance a death match between Shego and Shannow.

Shego will be using frozen orphans and Shannow will be using solidified sarcasm and lessons learned from his mighty wanderings.

Who ever looses will be brought back to life as a horrific cyborg monster fueled by rage and rhubarb pie.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

You were actually making sense... until this nonsense about rhubarb pie.

Even kindergarten kids know that a proper material source of energy for homicidal cybernetic entities whose very existence is an affront to all that is good and proper is blackcurrant pie.

Draxo

Draxo

None of those seem stupid enough.

May I advise 100 cups of coffee?

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/87996/100-Cups-of-Coffee.html

Krisken

Krisken

I think you should get $240 worth of pudding.

Aaaaaaawwwwww Yyyyeeaaaaahhhh!!!!!!

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

Do I really have to be the first one to say spend it on strippers and booze? Do I?

@Li3n

@Li3n

Do I really have to be the first one to say spend it on strippers and booze? Do I?
He already said he's saving part of the money for general living...