Export thread

Need some date night ideas

Dave

Dave

Get paid Friday and Saturday or Sunday will be having a date night with the wife. But I don’t know what to do. Ideas are welcome because damn am I stumped as to what to do.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Here's a video I made for my wife about 6 years ago (not a date night idea, but a cheesy video that she'll probably love) I took pictures with my phone and used windows movie maker to put it together, she loved it (and still does)

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

If there's a Sur la Table in your area, you can take her to a couples' cooking class. I've been wanting to take the fiancee there but it's expensive and we're saving up for the wedding.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Get paid Friday and Saturday or Sunday will be having a date night with the wife. But I don’t know what to do. Ideas are welcome because damn am I stumped as to what to do.
I always favor Melting Pot or Simply Fondue (they're pretty much the same thing) as a nice 2-hour romantic dinner.

D

Dubyamn

My wife and I enjoy escape rooms. Dinner out somewhere fancy then a silly escape room out is always nice. Or cook a nice dinner and do an escape room in a box. Exit is more fun than unlock in my opinion.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Step one: cut a hole in a box

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Cocaine and hookers

PatrThom

PatrThom

This may be a bit of a reach, but has she, while in your presence, ever expressed any kind of interest in doing something outside the home that it sounded like she might enjoy? Something involving more than one person?

—Patrick

Dave

Dave

This may be a bit of a reach, but has she, while in your presence, ever expressed any kind of interest in doing something outside the home that it sounded like she might enjoy? Something involving more than one person?

—Patrick
Other than cocaine and hookers?

PatrThom

PatrThom

I thought you said you wanted it to be special.

--Patrick

blotsfan

blotsfan

—Patrick
Just do what you can to make Dave’s wife feel included.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Just do what you can to make Dave’s wife feel included.
That sounds like excellent advice.

--Patrick

evilmike

evilmike

How about getting dressed up for an afternoon at the Joslyn Art Museum? Looks like they are even having a chamber music event this Sunday.

Afterwards, go for an early dinner at some place fancy (V Mertz, perhaps?) Or mix it up and go somewhere down to earth (like Spielbound?) but stay dressed up and enjoy the incongruity together. You could even let it be her choice -- make reservations at both places.

MindDetective

MindDetective

I second escape room.

phil

phil

Wife and I did a painting thing I really enjoyed a few years back. The instructor kind of laid out the basics of a good painting then helped outline whatever the general subject of what you wanted to paint.

20171111_214640.jpg

drifter

drifter

Pottery class, and do the scene.

PatrThom

PatrThom

--Patrick

Shawn

Shawn

Third for escape room.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Sara_2814

Sara_2814

Do you like wine/beer tasting? There's a wine shop in Fort Calhoun called Too Far North (right on the main road). You can try a lot of Nebraska wines and some local beers. They're only open until 730 on Saturday and 6 on Sunday though.

Or if you want to just go to some actual wineries, there's Soaring Wings in Springfield, and Glacial Till and Cellar 426 in Ashland. For beer, there's Keg Creek Brewing in Glenwood, Iowa (they can get super busy on the weekends, though, so go early if you'd prefer less people).

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Who can resist that combo?

Do you have a teppanyaki place in town? I find those fun!

Dave

Dave

I've taken everything you guys suggested, filtered out things I know she'd hate, and made a decision.

We're doing nothing. She wants to go to a candle party with her work friends.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Sounds like you're buying yourself a bomb-ass steak.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I've taken everything you guys suggested, filtered out things I know she'd hate, and made a decision.

Sounds like you're doing cocaine and hookers, I win. It was a competition, right?

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Or he could buy a fun Steam game and get Taco Bell. Or, like any other takeout that you like.

Frank

Frank

Well, my work is done here.

phil

phil

The hell is a candle party?

Cat

Cat

Awesome. Have fun jerkin off home alone

Cat

Cat

How did I fuck up my quotes like that?

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

The hell is a candle party?
I'm guessing it's like a Scentsy party. One of her friends is probably selling scented candles. They get together, have sangria and cookies, and order a bunch of candles.

General Specific

General Specific

I'm guessing it's like a Scentsy party. One of her friends is probably selling scented candles. They get together, have sangria and cookies, and order a bunch of candles.
Well, nevermind about the bomb-ass steak, how do you feel about ramen, @Dave? Looks like you'll be having a lot of it soon.

Dave

Dave

Actually they will be MAKING candles.

And I might just experiment with new ramen.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Like mixing the shrimp flavor packet with the beef flavor packet? Haute cuisine! :p

Bones

Bones

Like mixing the shrimp flavor packet with the beef flavor packet? Haute cuisine! :p
you gd monster you mix the Chilli flavor with the "Oriental"/Soy Sauce flavor clearly.

Far

Far

A soft boiled egg really should be part of this conversation.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I had not heard of that kind of party!

Cat

Cat

I don't drink anymore but that sounds like a good time, I'm always burning incense and candles