Export thread

Need some Excel nerd help.

Dave

Dave

I've been struggling with this for days and am not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I've uploaded 2 files into the Download area so you can see what it is I'm trying to do.

http://www.halforums.com/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=2

This is in Excel 2007 and what I'm trying to do is make a graph (chart) that has a scroll bar. Instructions can be found here on how to set it up. But I still can't quite get it.

Right now the graphs look ugly because I wanted to get the functionality before I worried about the looks.

So the two files are:

Excel sheet (the one I'm trying to set up)
Excel Example (the one I downloaded and am trying to reverse engineer)

I know I'm missing something easy but don't know what. HELP!!

Adam

Adammon

Sorry, I can't do that Dave. I'm getting an error message when I try to download:

"Warning: copy(./downloads//ec_tmp/Line Graph.xls) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in [path]/downloads.php on line 704
ERROR: File not found."

Dave

Dave

Damn it. Well, lets just try and attach them here then.

Attachments

Shakey

Shakey

Were you just doing the overall graph?

I saved it as xlsx and it wouldn't allow that file type

Attachments

Dave

Dave

It'll take that now. I'll check it when I come back from lunch. What was I missing?

Adam

Adammon

Yeah, I got the PDP line graph working. Shouldn't be too hard to use what I have across other data.

Attachments

Shakey

Shakey

I think it needed to be saved in the new version of excel.

I also had to add in the other data sets in the name manager.

Shakey

Shakey

I guess I had to change the values for the data in the graph too. They needed to point to the stuff you set up in the name manager. And since I changed the name of the worksheet I had to change the name of it in the formulas in the name manager.

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

And I realized I messed up one of the names in the graph. I put in lead replies and it should be email replies.