Export thread

Need some help with understanding SCIENCE!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

For the last few years, I've been brainstorming an idea for a comic. I don't want to give too much away, but I'm imagining it to be a long, ongoing series, reaching about 80 or 90 issues. Of course, this is all depending if I could ever find an artist (or several artists) to work with.

The other problem I'm running into, though, is the science of the comic. Specifically, the comic deals a lot on signals: radio, TV, satellite, etc. I've tried reading a bit on Wikipedia, but it's honestly going over my head. I have some understanding, as far as electromagnetic radiation and the sort, but...well, I really don't have a scientific mind.

It's funny, though. I love learning about science, how things work, etc...as long as it's on a very basic level without too much in the way of formulas and such. Basically, like in the game Portal, "Speedy thing goes in, speedy thing comes out."

So, I'm asking for help to the HF community. I know there's a couple of people on here, like Mathias, who are scientifically minded. Maybe not in the specific field that I'm looking for help in, but maybe others are. Ideally, if anyone could recommend a book (or two or three, etc) that would help me understand this stuff on a basic level, I'd be grateful.

fade

fade

EM fields are my research specialty, actually. I did my PhD in 3D EM field modeling. Mostly low frequency, but I can help with the high f stuff, too. What do you need to know?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I'll private message ya so I can go into greater detail. :)

strawman

strawman

If you need additional help, I have a reasonable grasp of radio signals and radio electronics.