[MLB] New CBA adds second wildcard team, The Rays must be very happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
So MLB and their Player association signed a new Labor agreement today. Notable changes include an increase in Luxury tax, penalties for large draft bonuses, and testing for HGH. Oh yea, and an additional wildcard slot in the playoffs. Wildcard teams will play a 1 game playoff to see who gets to participate in the Division Series.

I don't know how I feel about the single game, but at the same time I hate the idea of downtime in baseball, so I guess this works. I think it will make the wildcard much more Random anyway.

So thoughts? Love it? hate it? Think baseball's "boring"? Can't believe Baseball has the strongest labor relations in professional sports?

Zappit

Staff member
From what I'm seeing, the draft will change so a lot of new players might never get their shot, while mid-tier guys get a bigger paycheck. Suddenly a .260 avg. is worth an extra couple million bucks.

And we don't wanna go back to the AL.

Why? Two words: Cub fans. One more word: MONEY.

I like the idea of a one-game elimination for the Wild Card, but I think I'd prefer a best-of-three series instead.

I'm still wondering how they're going to do the interleague play thing, though. Nine teams in each league would have to play at least one extra interleague series every year.

Cub fans have 100 years of hate for St. Louis ahead of you. Brewers are just interlopers. :p

Is it really a rivalry when the other side keeps asking, "and you are?"

Status
Not open for further replies.