New Computer! Woo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I finally got a new computer. Mother sent me a bunch of gift cards for christmas/birthday that took up the bulk of the cost, so I went out and got a middle-range HP at Best Buy (AMD Phenom Quad-Core, 6GB, 1 TB drive). Obviously the PSU was going to suck (who the hell still uses 250w?), so I used another gift card at Fry's and got a 500w PSU, installing it myself (with some light case adjustment) last night before I even booted up the system for the first time, and also threw in my old geforce 9800 GT.

No issues. Runs fast, smooth, and silent. Logged on to play SC2 and WoW last night since they were the most readily open to install without having to download games on Steam. SC2 was running smooth at ultra settings, and for the first time in WoW I had everything maxed. It's funny to me because I knew my old system was holding back my 9800 gt, but even I didn't know it was bottle necking it that much. My performance over my old system has more then tripled even with the same graphics card.

Now I just need to get a few more games on it and all my Adobe software, and see how well it handles some creative stress. This means I can finally give the laptop back to my wife, so she no longer has to use her 8 year old Dell. :ninja:

J

Jiarn

Yeah, the day I got my new system, WoW was a whole new experience. Love it. Congrats on the new machine.

Dave

Staff member
Suh-sweet! Good to hear you'll be fully functioning again.

WoW ain't the same without ya.

J

Jiarn

Holy crap ScytheRexx, I just realized that you live like 30-40minutes from me. We should go out for drinks next time I'm in Austin.

J

Jiarn

San Antonio, been here almost a year now. I keep trying to get over to Austin but the friend that was going to take me keeps flaking out. However my new girflriend says she loves it there and wants to take me, so absolutely. We're both big WoW geeks so I don't think there'd be a shortage of things to talk about.

Don't worry, neither of us is remotely shy, we'll break your shell. -grin-

Well... as people know... I do like to talk about WoW. I guess send me a message if you are in town sometime and we can try to meet up for a drink. My wife plays also, thought she does not talk about it as much as me. :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.