Export thread

New Longcat is even longer!

bigcountry23

bigcountry23

Stewie, the new world record holder for "longest cat" measures 48 inches long.

washingtonpost.com

Dave

Dave

You should have just posted:

:banplease:

(Kidding! Only the REAL HUUUUUUGE Longcat will getcha in trouble.)

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I've seen at least 2 articles about this cat, not once did they call him a domestic cat. I kinda have the feeling that a zoo living Bengal Tiger would be the world's largest/longest cat. Semantics I know, but is still bothers me.

Hylian

Hylian

Long cat is loooooonnnnng :)

strawman

strawman

I've seen at least 2 articles about this cat, not once did they call him a domestic cat. I kinda have the feeling that a zoo living Bengal Tiger would be the world's largest/longest cat. Semantics I know, but is still bothers me.
The Maine Coon cat breed is a domestic cat. They are larger than other breeds of cat (this Maine Coon stole the title from another Maine Coon). But they are allowed in the CFA cat shows.

Shakey

Shakey

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

The Maine Coon cat breed is a domestic cat. They are larger than other breeds of cat (this Maine Coon stole the title from another Maine Coon). But they are allowed in the CFA cat shows.[/QUOTE]

I'll try again. He's not called "The World's Longest Domestic Cat" but "World's Longest Cat." Those are two pretty different things. The tail on a Bengal Tiger would be longer than Stewie.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I love the old parable; "People see a 100 lb dog and say; "That's a big dog." People see a 100 lb cat and scream in terror."

Also that cat is large and would go well with a nice chianti.

strawman

strawman

I'll try again. He's not called "The World's Longest Domestic Cat" but "World's Longest Cat." Those are two pretty different things. The tail on a Bengal Tiger would be longer than Stewie.
Ah, I see. Well I wonder if that's the official designation by the GWR, or if the reporters are simplifying. I don't see the record on their website, so I don't know what GWR officially calls it, but I wouldn't be surprised either way - they simplify things themselves as well.