New Modest Mouse video directed by Heath Ledger

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Oddbot

I know there's some MM fans on this board and I know everyone here is probably a fan of Heath. Awesome song, awesome video. A bit gruesome but with a relevant message. Stuff like this makes me even sadder to see such a talented individual die so young.

EDIT: Sorry embedding disabled.

fade

Staff member
Similar to:
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3Kgj6EiZtw:1o97vyb0][/youtube:1o97vyb0]

Love Modest Mouse, though.

Meh, Modest Mouse was great a while back but they haven't really stretched themselves since The moon and antarctica. It is nice to know that I shouldn't kill whales though. I had my spear all ready and everything... :eek:rly:

P

Philosopher B.

I'm gonna have nightmares about cigar-chompin' whales. :bush:

Espy said:
Meh, Modest Mouse was great a while back but they haven't really stretched themselves since The moon and antarctica. It is nice to know that I shouldn't kill whales though. I had my spear all ready and everything... :eek:rly:
I didn't really start to like them until Good News For People Who Love Bad News, and the album after that was about 60/40 for me. I think GNFPWLBN is the only one I've liked from start to finish.

I first heard of them due to Float On and so Good News was my introduction to them. I then went back and got all of their other albums. I still like Good News, but I like The Moon & Antartica and Lonesome Crowded West better.

General Specific said:
I first heard of them due to Float On and so Good News was my introduction to them. I then went back and got all of their other albums. I still like Good News, but I like The Moon & Antartica and Lonesome Crowded West better.
Yeah, most people didn't hear them until Float On hit the radio, which isn't a bad thing, but their older stuff takes a little more effort to listen to and I really appreciate their complexity and that they ask their listeners to work a little. They are amazingly talented guys and I just think they can do more than what they are doing now.
The video looks great though. Really great style.

O

Oddbot

I feel the like the Moon and Antarctica was their creative peak, but their more recent stuff is still very much worth listening to. And I also commend them for obtaining mainstream success without compromising who they are as a band and pandering to the masses. Also, they're still an amazing band to see live.

They are, although the lead singer is a grand douche. He's got the "I'm the biggest thing you've ever seen in your tiny life" thing going on.

I still have to listen to Bury Me With It 3-5 times whenever I put Good News etc into the ol' CD player.

And yeah, I keep hearing the lead singer is a jackass of epic proportions.

Espy said:
They are, although the lead singer is a grand douche. He's got the "I'm the biggest thing you've ever seen in your tiny life" thing going on.
Well, yeah, Isaac Brock is an ass, but he's been like that for a while. He even acknowledges it in Dark Center of the Universe.

"Well, it took a lot of work to be the ass I am
And I'm real damn sure that anyone can
Equally, easily fuck you over"

Status
Not open for further replies.