Export thread

New Star Wars MMO Trailer

Null

Null

This is completely made of awesome.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Did she stop a lightsaber with her hand? This is starting to look pretty damn sweet. I may have to get in on it when it comes out.

tegid

tegid

This game is going to be unbalanced... Either that, or the jedi and sith won't be nearly as cool as they should.

phil

phil

Huh

Who are these people? Those look like storm/clone troopers but they're fighting a whole bunch of sith. I know this is before ep.4 but it doesn't look that far in the past.

tegid

tegid

It IS supposed to be very far in the past (I think?). Before episode 1 and all that. I also found it confusing that the armors were similar to those in the movies.

Math242

Math242

it's before the Kotor era i think

4000+ years before the movies

phil

phil

The Empire thing threw me off too. But "old republic" stuff is supposed to be like 4k years in the past, right?

That's always kind of bugged me though. These people really hit a plateau tech wise.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Ah, it's in the past! That explains that "for centuries Alderaan stood as a beacon of hope in the republic" bit... Wasn't the republic supposed to be nice for a very long time?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

An overly long pre-rendered cutscene. It's gorgeous, don't get me wrong. But if I wanted to watch something, I'll get a movie.

In other words, I want to see gameplay.

Math242

Math242

damn right.

although, if bioware was to make an animation movie about star wars, i'd wet my pants considering the quality of what we just saw

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I think I would be more excited if this was an animated movie trailer and not a game trailer.

Baerdog

Baerdog

She stopped a lightsaber with her hand!

Edit: Which I think is totally rad.

Null

Null

Honestly, they should do a 90 minute movie of this, and KEEP LUCAS THE FUCK AWAY FROM IT.

Chibibar

Honestly, they should do a 90 minute movie of this, and KEEP LUCAS THE FUCK AWAY FROM IT.
heck yea!!!

I thought it was like 10,000 years before Ep1 (still 4000 years is good) and I believe suppose to be after KOTOR 2 right? so it open pretty much to anything really for Bioware.

The good thing about this vs the SWG is that Jedi and Sith are plentiful. There are many classes that can fight them etc etc which will be interesting in the gameplay itself.

tegid

tegid

Half the classes are jedi or sith!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I'm going Bounty Hunter. Screw you Jedi/Sith namby pampies, I'll snipe you from the mountain across the planet!

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Awesome trailer. Where's the gameplay?

Chibibar

I'm going Bounty Hunter. Screw you Jedi/Sith namby pampies, I'll snipe you from the mountain across the planet!
my wife is probably gonna camp next to you cause she is gonna be Bounty hunter too. I'm going to be a pilot/crafter or something like that.

figmentPez

figmentPez

The Empire thing threw me off too. But "old republic" stuff is supposed to be like 4k years in the past, right?

That's always kind of bugged me though. These people really hit a plateau tech wise.
I was under the impression that after the Old Republic fell the whole galaxy went into a dark age and lost a lot of the technological advancements, and were still building back up again at the time of the movie trilogies.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

WARNING Star Wars Complaint: Not the Games but film.

The original trilogy made everything look four decades old and stagnant. Then the action wrapped up with only 18 years until the Battle of Yavin. Yet the only tech from the first 3 to be in the prequels was the light saber.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I was under the impression that after the Old Republic fell the whole galaxy went into a dark age and lost a lot of the technological advancements, and were still building back up again at the time of the movie trilogies.
The Old Republic didn't fall until the prequel trilogy, but in the time period where the game supposedly takes place, it gets its ass kicked by the Sith, and loses a lot of territory and resources, which may explain the technological loss (better than Lucas' napkin-scrawled gameplan, anyway :p).

coolbeans

That republic soldier is my new favourite star wars character, it takes massive balls to punch someone with a grenade.

I think they call the sith "the sith empire" in this game.

I guess the implication is that a lot of the stuff of the Galactic empire (star destroyers, tie fighters, the idea of an empire etc) is based off of old sith designs.

Wheres JCM when you need him?

Oddbot

In other words, I want to see gameplay.
http://swtormmo.org/?p=92

You're welcome :)

Math242

Math242

why did they have to do a mmo ? i wanted kotor 3 *cry*

Rubicon

Did she stop a lightsaber with her hand? This is starting to look pretty damn sweet. I may have to get in on it when it comes out.
Looked like an extensive Force Push, which was awesome. About time they showed Jedis capable of massive power. In the books that took place after ROTJ (Thrawn stuff), Luke trains new Jedi, and they were strong enough with the Force to be able to Force Pull and Force Push X-Wings out of orbit.. This looks impressive.

David

David

tegid

tegid

Looked like an extensive Force Push, which was awesome. About time they showed Jedis capable of massive power. In the books that took place after ROTJ (Thrawn stuff), Luke trains new Jedi, and they were strong enough with the Force to be able to Force Pull and Force Push X-Wings out of orbit.. This looks impressive.[/QUOTE]

I like it too, but I find all of these super powerful jedi do not make sense in the context of the movies. It's like it were a different universe.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Looked like an extensive Force Push, which was awesome. About time they showed Jedis capable of massive power. In the books that took place after ROTJ (Thrawn stuff), Luke trains new Jedi, and they were strong enough with the Force to be able to Force Pull and Force Push X-Wings out of orbit.. This looks impressive.[/QUOTE]

I like it too, but I find all of these super powerful jedi do not make sense in the context of the movies. It's like it were a different universe.[/QUOTE]

if we have to resort to the amount of evidence, the strange jedis are the ones you see in the classic trilogy. The rest of sources seem to have no trouble with this kung fu -circ du soleil kind of force users...

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

The trailer is awesome, I just have one issue with it.

You know I am fine with some Force powers being flashy. Force Lightening for instance always seemed fine to me. However, watching a Jedi kill a Sith with a force push that looks like she is Goku launching a Super Kamehameha is just going over the line for me.

Still can't wait for the game.

General Specific

General Specific

[/QUOTE]

KEM

KEM

The trailer is awesome, I just have one issue with it.

You know I am fine with some Force powers being flashy. Force Lightening for instance always seemed fine to me. However, watching a Jedi kill a Sith with a force push that looks like she is Goku launching a Super Kamehameha is just going over the line for me.

Still can't wait for the game.
Apparently in the Old Republic, Jedis had power levels over 9000...

Jay

Jay

This.

I gotta recreate my Bounty Hunter.... I loved killing Jedi. :) Well anything.

Great trailer! I can't wait to see some serious gameplay.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

And ya... the Ryu a-du-ken... shouldn't happen. :p

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Element 117

lightsaber talking to the hand cutscene = awesome. The rest I'm unenthused about

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

I don't know. Other then the dialogue scene, that video bored me a bit. The combat just felt a little slow. Most of the Jedi videos I saw looks a bit more exciting.

General Specific

General Specific

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Meh.

Chazwozel

Same. You know all the douchebags are going to be jedi, while the skilled players are going bounty hunter.

R

Raemon777

I like how you're still treating this like it has effectively 2 classes (Jedi and Bounty Hunter). And acting like being the second most popular one makes you a superior skilled player. As opposed to, say, Smuggler or Soldier.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I've been planning to go Soldier since I heard about the class.

Also just as many douchey folks going to be Bounty Hunters, I'm sure, LOL GAIZ AHM BOBA, AHM BOBA.

Also, just watched the trailer. Goddamn, that soldier is a badass.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I like how you're still treating this like it has effectively 2 classes (Jedi and Bounty Hunter). And acting like being the second most popular one makes you a superior skilled player. As opposed to, say, Smuggler or Soldier.
Serious response is serious. :laugh:

Jay

Jay

Full dialog in MMO = yay!

It looks really pretty and I might give it a shot when it's released but as I haven't really read up on this I have a few questions.

See, what I loved about the old Star Wars MMO (SWG) before they ruined it was that you could do all kinds of things besides combat. Tailoring, Image Design, Dancing, Music, Architect, etc.. Not to mention it was skill based that you could change and alter at any time. From the looks of it this game won't have any of that, huh? :/

Is this basically just another pure combat level based MMO?
The CU ruined everything.

Chibibar

Full dialog in MMO = yay!

It looks really pretty and I might give it a shot when it's released but as I haven't really read up on this I have a few questions.

See, what I loved about the old Star Wars MMO (SWG) before they ruined it was that you could do all kinds of things besides combat. Tailoring, Image Design, Dancing, Music, Architect, etc.. Not to mention it was skill based that you could change and alter at any time. From the looks of it this game won't have any of that, huh? :/

Is this basically just another pure combat level based MMO?
The CU ruined everything.[/QUOTE]

The Combat update? yea.. I think they pretty much screw it up, but I think it is before that. I believe the Holocron pretty much screw it up (cause they want more jedi so they release them)

Jay

Jay

Nah, it was by far the CU... nothing but that. I loved that game but CU? Changed everything.

Chazwozel

I'm going to be the fucked your mom class, aka milkmen. How bout that?

Telephius

Telephius

Nah, it was by far the CU... nothing but that. I loved that game but CU? Changed everything.
I will have to disagree, the holocron fiasco and revealing how to become a jedi messed up the economical structure of the game. Before everyone knew how to grind a Jedi, they played the professions they loved the most and going to shops and such usually yielded good results. Once people started grinding profs they only needed to get to Jedi I would continously go to shops that were once populated with merchandise became gost towns/shops took forever to find a place that was advertised to actually have wares for sale.

There were alot of things that had to do with that games failure and they can all be attributed to the Devs not knowing what the hell to do with their game and in some cases stubborness to fix and blindness of problems.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Alright, after listening to Spoony's interview with the Bioware people, I have to say this does sound pretty damn awesome. I won't play it, but it does seem like it will be amazing as far as MMOs go. I hope it's great for all of you.

TNM

TNM

Promising news regarding the new MMO - Space battles!

. . .indeed have Space Combat as part of the TOR experience! But what does that mean? Space combat is an alternative gameplay experience to the primary game of storytelling, questing, and ground-based combat. In space combat, you fly your personal ship to various “hot spots” on your galaxy map. From there, you will blast your way through asteroid fields, enemy fighters, frigates, destroyers, and a variety of other obstacles that will evoke memories of some of the great Star Wars™ space battles.
STAR WARS: The Old Republic - Space Combat in The Old Republic!

HowDroll

HowDroll

I want to get the Bioware logo tattooed across my tits.

Krisken

Krisken

I fully support this. ^^^

Gryfter

Gryfter

The CU was the beginning of the end. It was the NGE (New Game Experience) that put the final nail in the coffin.

Krisken

Krisken

Here I was going to go right to the beginning of launch and how buggy it was right at release.

Gryfter

Gryfter

True, is was buggy but the game that was there was great. The crafting system is still unmatched in my opinion.

Chibibar

True, is was buggy but the game that was there was great. The crafting system is still unmatched in my opinion.
I do miss the old Star Wars Galaxies (before Holocron and CU)

Jay

Jay

True Galaxies - SWGEmu Pre-CU Server Community

Well it looks like they're on the way of creating just that Ame. Though, I see them doing this within the next year (as a full release of the game, read their status update a few articles down).

Jay

Jay

Once a real build comes out and is open to the public... I assume hundreds of players will find a way to play this. For sure.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Man, the hours I wasted doing the crafting in SWG. Definitely still the best crafting system of any MMO I've played. Really, that's probably one of the only reasons I would want to play it again, just for the crafting aspect.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

...................Pics?[/QUOTE]

Before and after.

KEM

KEM

...................Pics?[/QUOTE]Indeed. Pics or it didn't happen.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Can you guys wait a year or so, so that I have time to become a tattoo artist? :-P

Also, I agree about "why did they have to make it an MMO :(". I understand why they do it, but damnit, I just want a good SP game, I don't want to spend money on an MMO I'll play 2 hours a week, jsut for the fun of having a bunch of idiots run around in my game :-(

Chibibar

Can you guys wait a year or so, so that I have time to become a tattoo artist? :-P

Also, I agree about "why did they have to make it an MMO :(". I understand why they do it, but damnit, I just want a good SP game, I don't want to spend money on an MMO I'll play 2 hours a week, jsut for the fun of having a bunch of idiots run around in my game :-(
Yea I would love SP version of the game but MMO when done right, is a good cash cow.

Math242

Math242

i agree Bubs, that's what i've been thinking the whole time. Why did you just not make Kotor 3 :(

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I just can't believe that basically every one will get to be a Jedi. There is only one Non-Jedi/Sith class per side in the game. Looking at SWG there were at least several non-Jedi classes at the start.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Sorry? There's Trooper and Smuggler on one side, and Bounty Hunter and Imperial Agent on the other. There's 8 known classes, 4 force-users, 4 not. Admittedly, that's not exactly a "fair" balance as far the general populace goes ,but I think it's pretty logical...I mean, next to everybody wants to either be a Jedi or a Sith. (or both).

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I think in the long run this is going to play out like WoW's debut of the Death Knight. You're going to have shitloads of them at first, maybe up to almost the first 6-12 months the game is out, but as people realize they're horrible at the class they'll try others. That or dabble with another class and like it much more. The thing is, just like any other MMO, if you suck at the class you won't get many groups. People will know by word of mouth "oh man, don't group with Juke Flyhawker, he's really bad." They'll keep at playing, maybe, but you won't run into them much as you get higher in levels. I'll likely try one of the Force classes, but I'm pretty set on the Republic Soldier as the first class I seriously play to whatever end there is in SW:OR.