Nitehawks & Top Shelf Hockey Thread

Top Shelf (1-1-0-0) faces off against the Cat 5 Caniacs (1-1-0-0) tonight at 9:45. Will Covar continue his scoring streak? Can the team hold their zones to provide better breakout opportunities and provide relief for the goaltender?

You'll find out tomorrow!

Aim High! Go Top Shelf!

Top Shelf defeats the Cat 5 Caniacs with a 4-1 victory in large part thanks to a hat trick by our star defenseman. This victory places us at second in the division.

I had zero points, and finished with a +3 differential.

We play 15 games in the season, with 2 playoff games. So here's the standings at the quarter mark.

standings 4gp.png

No, I mean... DYNAMO? That's a name out of the 1980's. Why not go all the way and call them Sparatak Dynamo Lokomotiv 2000?

Our next game is tonight against Rampage. The game is at 11:15PM so our bench is smaller than normal (we're one of the larger teams, with good attendance, can usually fill 3 lines forwards and defense), because of this I've been moved to Center. Time to crush it!

Bitter defeat last Friday brings Top Shelf down to 3-2-0-0. Now back in their classic white sweaters they seek their second victory over the hungry Freaks & Dekes.

Aim High! Go Top Shelf!

Getting ready to resume hockey tomorrow after a far-to-long Thanksgiving break. Standings are still pretty fluid. First place is right out, but if we play hard there's room to move up with a strong push.
standings 11gp.png

I'll necro this thread.

I play for the leagues Charlie Brown team. We've yet to win. However tonight I scored a goal off my cup and I feel that's kind of newsworthy.

I'm taking the fall season off. I was starting to get burnt out with the team I was playing on. Good group of people, provided we weren't in the process of losing a game. We finished .500 the last two seasons so yea. I'm not a fan of finger pointing (especially when you don't point it at yourself at all). Our Lower C leagues are broken up into North and South, I'm going to probably join a North team this spring. It's a little better talent (still Lower C level though) and I think I can hang, and I'll be able to improve my game more getting to play with better players than me.

Jamming on that groove. The hockey we play is too low stakes for finger pointing. Here's hoping your next team has maturity to go with the talent.