No one's going to say anything? Really? Fine. Google...

Status
Not open for further replies.
... what the hell did you do to your look? We all see it, we're not blind and it's not like you haven't kept the same basic look for years. Of course it's noticeable. No one wants to say anything right now because, well, to tell you the truth we're not sure what to think. It's still so jarring right now, especially since you're clearly not finished. Now I don't think it's bad, just ... different. I might even grow to like most of it. You certainly look more modern.

I usually use iGoogle or my Chrome browser bar for searches. I have seen the changes but they honestly don't affect me. I still think the main Google page looks pretty clean user friendly, though.

I think they're slowly updating the look so it's style matches the new "Facebook killer" they're working on.

It's growing on me I have to be honest. It's just jarring at first.

I'm curious to see the updates to Reader and GMail.

I received an invite over 24 hours ago but still can't get in, with a "We've temporarily exceeded our capacity. Please try again soon" message every time.

GMail change hasn't been made permanent yet, but if you go into the themes there's two new additions. Preview and Preview dense. Hopefully Reader comes soon.

GMail change hasn't been made permanent yet, but if you go into the themes there's two new additions. Preview and Preview dense. Hopefully Reader comes soon.
Is there anything interesting in the new Gmail layout? It looks like it has all the same elements as the classic view -- it just takes more space to display them. Even the dense layout isn't as tightly packed as the classic layout.

It seems more tablet oriented. I haven't gotten much of a chance to look in a lot of detail, I want to check it out on my iPad to see if they dropped the mobile layout (hopefully).

So I actually got an e-mail and realized something. There is no contrast between your inbox headers and an unread message. I think that's the biggest issue they need to fix.

I like the new stuff. It's clean looking and works great on my monitor even when not at full screen.
Added at: 09:12
So I actually got an e-mail and realized something. There is no contrast between your inbox headers and an unread message. I think that's the biggest issue they need to fix.
I just sent myself an email to test this. In Preview (Dense) at least, an unread message will have a white background and bold subject line in the inbox. A read message will have a gray background and normal text.

I like the new stuff. It's clean looking and works great on my monitor even when not at full screen.
Added at: 09:12

I just sent myself an email to test this. In Preview (Dense) at least, an unread message will have a white background and bold subject line in the inbox. A read message will have a gray background and normal text.
Do you use Priority Inbox? because my issue comes with the lack of distinction between the inboxes their headers and the message. I don't think the bold text is enough.

Example Time!

Untitled.png

Status
Not open for further replies.