[Movies] Not Sure if Want... (MIB3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks fun, but so did MIB2, and well..... yeah. That was disappointing.
Plus the plot appears to involve time travel, which is a really easy plot device to screw up...

I'll definitely see it eventually, on DVD or on the Movie Network. But it has a lot of competition for my money in the movie theatre next summer.

I can give it a shot. The second one wasn't great but it wasn't shit either and like Pez, I loved the animated series.

Men in Black to the Future?

Whatever. Will Smith will remain dead to me until we get a Fresh Prince movie.

I just... I don't even understand how this is going to work. If K is "dead" due to a change in the past, how does J know about him, and how is he even an agent considering it was K that got him in?

Actually wait, I think I know. J was holding the "Temporal Bubble Diod" that made him unaffected by the time changes and J is not an agent, but since he knows the codes to the place he wanders in and everyone is all like "Who is this guy!?" Wacky hijinks ensue.

What bums me out is the lack of Rip Torn. Guy may have had his problems in the last couple of years but it doesn't stop Zed from being an important MIB character that should be there.

I guess that didn't stop them from not including Linda Fiorentino in MIB2.

And I just looked up MIB3 on IMDB and they have him listed as being in the movie so maybe they just didn't have him in the trailer.

I want to know how they are goin to break Rip Torn out of jail long enough to film the movie. (EDIT: Ninja'd!)

Also, I see this movie taking time to set up/explain the reason for why Kay takes every opportunity to zing Jay. It's all revenge for what Jay does to him in the past.

--Patrick

Time travel plots are convoluted, ridiculous, and an easy out for bad writers.

I will still see this movie, against my better judgement.
Most of the time, yes. It can work (Back to the Future, Futurama, the new Star Trek come to mind). But it can also be a colossal train wreck (Heroes springs to mind).

Most of the time, yes. It can work (Back to the Future, Futurama, the new Star Trek come to mind). But it can also be a colossal train wreck (Heroes springs to mind).
I'll add an addendum to my comment: If the series plot focuses/involves time travel from Day 1, it's not held to the previous standards. Generally speaking, time travel only works well if it's there at the beginning. That's why BttF and Futurama made it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.