Export thread

Ohhhh dear.....

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

From my E-mail:
The Westboro Baptist Church are organizing rallies outside 3 of the area high schools on Friday, May 27th.

http://www.godhatesfags.com/fliers/20110428_Savannah-GA-Schools.pdf

Westboro Baptist Church
(WBC Chronicles -- Since 1955)
3701 S.W. 12th St. Topeka, Ks. 66604 785-273-0325 www.GodHatesFags.com
Religious Opinion & Bible Commentary on Current Events
Thursday, April 28, 2011
NEWS RELEASE
(Background, photos, video, sermons, parodies & hymns – available free at www.GodHatesTheMedia.com, Blogs.SpareNot.com,
WBC WILL PICKET THESE FAG-INFESTED,
PERVERT-RUN SAVANNAH, GA HIGH
SCHOOLS ON FRIDAY, MAY 27
*2:30–3:00 PM Beach High School, 3001 Hopkins Street
Jenkins High School, 1800 E. De Renne Avenue
Windsor Forest High School, 12419 Largo Drive
We will give your children an opportunity to see what truth looks like, the face of
what they were entitled to have from every adult that ever touched their lives! You
brutish teachers and hateful parents have broken the moral compass of this
generation, teaching rebellion with everything you say and do.
God hates you, Doomed America, for what you’ve done to
your kids! Here is the COMMANDMENT from your God:
“And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou
shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest
in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and
when thou risest up. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they
shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. And thou shalt write them upon the posts of
thy house, and on thy gates.” Deuteronomy 6:6-9
You will not obey that simple commandment. Instead, you corrupt your children
from the womb, so God has given you violent, freakish, worthless, brute-beast
children. They are full of rebellion, arrogance, pride, selfishness, and themselves.
You hate your children, and as God continues cursing you, you will turn aside to
eat your children. Read the words: Deut. 28:53-58 & Lev. 26:28-29.
Fear God, and give the glory to Him, for the hour of HIS judgment is come!
GOD’S CURSE IS ON YOUR BRATS,
DOOMED AMERICA!
I can barely contain my anticipation... I'm on the riot team, and we've received a standby order for both the 27th and the 22nd (they're supposed to come both days).

Gusto

Gusto

There goes the neighbourhood...

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I hope u get to beat them

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

May I suggest donning a cape and a mask?

Jiarn

May I suggest donning a cape and a mask?
May I suggest:

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

You need to go all Village People on them.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Is Charon gonna haveta choke a Baptist bitch?

LittleSin

LittleSin

They aren't Mormon.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oh. Good.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

They aren't Mormon.
Pffft. I didn't say Mormon, did I? Did I say Mormon? I didn't say Mormon. I said Baptist. See my post up there? Baptist. Totally says 'Baptist'. Always said 'Baptist'.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Oh, so Mormons aren't good enough for O_C to choke, is that it?

Wasabi Poptart

I'd have to make a sign of my own, possibly with the Halforums durr face on it, and go try to blend in.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I'd have to make a sign of my own, possibly with the Halforums durr face on it, and go try to blend in.
Not a bad idea, since I am 99.99% certain that there is going to be a counter-protest of some flavor.

Unless it's at Beach... in which case the crowd may simply commence to ass-whupping. Beach is in a rough part of town...

LittleSin

LittleSin

Pffft. I didn't say Mormon, did I? Did I say Mormon? I didn't say Mormon. I said Baptist. See my post up there? Baptist. Totally says 'Baptist'. Always said 'Baptist'.
You certainly did not! That would have ruined the alliteration you had going on.

What was I thinking? Silly Sin!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I'd like to thank this thread for directing me to this fine gem and some great memories;

Emrys

Emrys

They're such shiny happy people.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Shhh... y'all will wake Charlie. :rolleyes:

Neon Pirate

Neon Pirate

Hope that conversion to whupping goes well and quickly! Will look forward to hearing that some of them got to make that face-to-face judgement meeting and lots more got blocked in by trucks that somehow miraculously appeared behind their vehicles prior to the protest.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Here's some advice: do your job, ignore them, life will go on.

Jiarn

Here's some advice: Don't tell someone in a line of work that you have no idea what it's like, what to do, life will go on.

Cajungal

Cajungal

He has a point, actually. Counter-protests are fun and everything, but they don't change anything with the WBC. Nothing changes them, because they're convinced we're all evil. I'm sure O_C will handle it fine, but I understand why TLB said that. I was involved in a counter-protest against them and know just how useless they are. Well.. not completely useless. The Gay-Straight Alliance club that we were supporting appreciated the gesture, at least. So there was that.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Yeah, O_C, how dare you complain about anything unpleasant.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Ah, the eternal dilemma when it comes to tolerance and democracy... what happens when you extend democracy to people who want to pull democracy down, or tolerance to people who want to spread their intolerance.
May I also suggest handing out "I'm with stupid ->" signs and placing the counter-protest next to the WBC line?

Wasabi Poptart

Shhh... y'all will wake Charlie. :rolleyes:
At least you didn't say his name 3 times.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

At least you didn't say his name 3 times.
Charlie, Charlie, Charlie.

Wasabi Poptart

Oh you did it now! And if I had any photoshop skills at all I'd paste his avatar's head on Beetlejuice's body. lol

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Or Hastur's, maybe?

Wasabi Poptart

strawman

strawman

Great minds think alike!
Idiots seldom differ...

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Funny thing about my job: I do it professionally at all times, without a single complaint, write-up, or review board. I come here to vent about it, to talk about stuff that I might not ordinarily voice because someone would take it the wrong way and assume that because I wear a badge, I must be some kind of robot without an opinion of my own.

Yes, I despise the Westboro Baptist Church, and I would not feel the least bit sorry if all of them were to fall dead this second. I might even do a little dance.

But I also respect and uphold the Constitution of the United States of America, to include that little amendment tossed in, almost as an afterthought, that guarantees a citizen's right to assembly and free speech.

I'm probably going to have to step in and PROTECT these scumbags from angry crowds. Ask me how I feel about that.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I'm glad to hear that! I wish all your fellow officers felt the same way.

edit: not the "dancing when someone dies" part, the other part

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hope it's not too trying a day for you, Charon. I admire your attitude and your dedication to doing your job the right way. :) I don't think I'd have it in me to protect people like that... Except maybe their poor kids. They have to see and hear so many awful things. It's not right.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I'm probably going to have to step in and PROTECT these scumbags from angry crowds. Ask me how I feel about that.
But you'll do it nonetheless. You've taken the oath, and by what I've read from your posts, you believe in those things you have sworn to uphold.

For that...

/salute

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Sigh, not a huge fan of them trying to disrupt schools. That isn't cool. Hopefully, their designated areas where they can legally protest is far enough away from them.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

In doing my homework, they're also going to be protesting 5 churches and 3 synagogues. They'll be coming on the 22nd for the churches, then coming back on the 27th for the schools and synagogues.

Honestly, the more I look into this, the more work is being done behind the scenes... this has the potential to blow up nastily, depending on which groups counter-protest, and the manner in which they do it. Little birdie said that the Patriot Guard Riders are waiting for a call, which will be a relief, because they have a great deal of common sense when it comes to these yahoos.

General Specific

General Specific

So what exactly do you have to do in order to be cited for attempting to incite a riot?

I ask because that email is awfully vitriolic and protesting at schools just seems like a ploy to get people riled up into taking action against them.

FnordBear

FnordBear

These guys are one of the few groups I think should be outright silenced.

The more lunacy I see from them the more I firmly believe whoever is handing the actual protestors their orders may very well be trying to get them hurt or killed to create a martyr. A martyr is the -last- thing that group of hatemongers need.

In the end I just try to remember my mantra on freedom of speech.

"Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence."

Chibibar

These guys are one of the few groups I think should be outright silenced.

The more lunacy I see from them the more I firmly believe whoever is handing the actual protestors their orders may very well be trying to get them hurt or killed to create a martyr. A martyr is the -last- thing that group of hatemongers need.

In the end I just try to remember my mantra on freedom of speech.

"Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence."
while I agree and totally despise (if that is harsh enough word) WBC, they do push the constitution to the limit. We do have similar rights, but we aren't being an ass about it (at least this forum), to silence them would silence everything else we have rights on.

Of course I hope the day that one of the member on WBC decides to smack someone with their signs, wouldn't that inciting a riot? or starting a fight?