Once

[CONTAINER][POSTER]
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Once

Tagline: How often do you find the right person?

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Music[/GENRE], [GENRE]Romance[/GENRE], [GENRE]Foreign[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]John Carney[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Glen Hansard[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Markéta Irglová[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Hugh Walsh[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gerard Hendrick[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alaistair Foley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Geoff Minogue[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bill Hodnett[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Danuse Ktrestova[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Darren Healy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mal Whyte[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Marcella Plunkett[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2006-07-14[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]85[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]The Guy is a Dublin guitarist/singer-songwriter who makes a living by fixing vacuum cleaners in his Dad's Hoover repair shop by day, and singing and playing for money on the Dublin streets by night. The Girl is a Czech who plays piano when she gets a chance, and does odd jobs by day and takes care of her mom and her daughter by night.[/PLOT][/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

Call me a big softie, but I love romantic indie movies that don't follow the typical hollywood formula. As a bonus, the movie is set in Ireland, and involves a lot of original music. I guess I'm not the only one who liked it, though..it ended up earning about 20m off of a 160K budget.

My wife rolled her eyes when I rented the movie to make her watch it, but by the end, she really loved it, and wished there was a soundtrack available. There was, and it made an excellent surprise stocking stuffer at Christmas.

Last edited:
I forget why I picked this movie up... I think it was because a friend posted a song that I listened to and absolutely adored, and that friend also happened to have an extra copy of the movie and gifted it to me.
Super sweet movie, loved the music, and I need to watch it again.

Haven't seen this yet, but I can't turn on the TV without seeing advertisements for the musical they based off of it. I don't know if that makes me want to see it more, or just ignore it.