One step closer to dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necronic

Staff member
According to sources Kirkmans "Walking Dead" series just got a greenlight on a pilot from AMC. Honeslty I can't think of a better station to air this series, and assuming we see something out of it before WWZ, this is bar none the biggest zed media on my radar right now.

Ona wholy unrelated note, I read a hellraiser comic last night, and I loved in the way a man loves his dog, long after it is dead and swarming with maggots.

Dave

Staff member
I am not familiar with the Walking Dead series. Should I be ashamed or turn in my geek card?

You should pick it up when you have the time and money, it`s *great*
^ This ^

It's quite literally the best depiction of a group of survivors in a Zombie Apocalypse you will ever see. People lie, cheat, steal, and kill each other over the course of the series and NO ONE is untouched by the suffering that Man brings upon itself during the series. It's really telling when the most dangerous thing you have to worry about in this series isn't the zombies, but the other people you encounter.

Dave

Staff member
You should pick it up when you have the time and money, it`s *great*
^ This ^

It's quite literally the best depiction of a group of survivors in a Zombie Apocalypse you will ever see. People lie, cheat, steal, and kill each other over the course of the series and NO ONE is untouched by the suffering that Man brings upon itself during the series. It's really telling when the most dangerous thing you have to worry about in this series isn't the zombies, but the other people you encounter.[/QUOTE]

It's been that way with nearly every zombie movie you ever see.

Dave if you ever enjoyed a zombie movie you should give Walking Dead a look.

about mid way through the series (so far) there is a horrifying event that happens that is truly one of the most disturbing things i have ever read in a comic book. A few issues later it gets topped, and I felt dirty for being happy about it.

The Walking Dead takes the classic Romero zombie situation and runs with it in a fresh way. I've really enjoyed what I've read, but am a few years behind the current issue due to being in college and spending my comics money on beer instead.

What I really enjoy about the series is that it feels real, to an extent. Around trade 5 or 6 is the first place I have any real disagreement with the direction it takes. I also like that he's not afraid to go there with his characters. Typically writers of dramatic series like this tend to care a bit too much about their characters and protect them from harm that befalls everyone else, but that is not the case with Kirkman.

Dave, I'm [-] that close to mailing you my copy of vol. 1

Dave

Staff member
Whoa. This has been going on for 70+ issues?!?

Now I'm going to have to see if my local shop has some of the trades or if I'm going to have to come into a torrent of money.

I liked the series but had to give it up as it depressed me to no end.

You become so invested in these character that when shitty things happen to them you get pissed up or sad...and that's what happened to me.

Necronic

Staff member
I stopped reading it after *that one* comic. Anyone who has read it knows what I am talking about. Its refreshing as a zombie genre. Its at its best not when people are trying to run and hide from the zombies, but when they are truly safe, and having to learn how to live in that new hellish world.

dude keep reading, It gets better!

I assume you are talking about the rape? If so you have to keep reading, the Governor gets his. It's what I was referring to in my first post.

Necronic

Staff member
dude keep reading, It gets better!

I assume you are talking about the rape? If so you have to keep reading, the Governor gets his. It's what I was referring to in my first post.

No, I'm talking about the one where basically everyone dies. It got to a point where I just got tired of watching Rick or whatever his name is continuously getting shat upon by life

Status
Not open for further replies.