Export thread

Ooh-Rah

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Just saying thinks to all of us Navy, Marin, Army, and Air Force guys and gals out there, listed in order from the best service to the worst of course :)

MindDetective

MindDetective

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

/salute

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Finnish Defence Forces, present. Private in the reserves, that is.

/salute

Covar

Covar

Just saying thinks to all of us Navy, Marin, Army, and Air Force guys and gals out there, listed in order from the best service to the worst of course :)
Third? I thought you were listing from best to worst ;)

fade

fade

Well, he DOES have the rare ability to both sail the seven seas AND put your mind at ease.

Dave

Dave

Navy over Marines? Hmmm.

Fighting ability? Nope.

Cool looking uniforms? Nope again.

IQ? Probably, but then I don't think the Marines would be second, either. I think in that case it would be AF -> Navy -> Marines -> Special Olympics -> Army. >:D

Cool rank titles? HA! Not with a rank of Seamen. Although I think I spelled that wrong.

I'm stumped. What was your basis of measure?

Chazwozel

isn't ooh-rah exclusive grunt call of the Marines?

rac3r_x

rac3r_x

You left out the Coast Guard.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

/salute

makare

I wish I were in my hometown today and this weekend. They do pretty cool stuff for Veteran's Day.

fade

fade

Well, he DOES have the rare ability to both sail the seven seas AND put your mind at ease.
Then again, I hear he's in there probably for life.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Was part of the honor guard for the Remembrance Day proceedings today at the Legion. Always a pretty emotional day. The two WW2 vets that live in High Level, one being my grandfather, were there in their uniforms. I'll post some pictures later.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Worked the Veteran's Day parade here in Savannah. This being the original home of the 8th Air Force, we have a couple of those old-timers still here, one of whom was a bird colonel when he got out. Such a shame to see them getting older - their stories are always fantastic to listen to.

Also, a belated Happy Birthday to Dave and any other fellow Jarheads on here. 235 and still going strong. Yhutt!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

When I was in the service, we spend the National Veterans' Day walking from door to door, collecting donations for the veterans. Me and two other guys collected the most, so we got invited to a veteran shindig where we were thanked and given thermos cups with Veterans' Alliance logo for keepsakes. The first and last time I wore the grey formal of the Army. Since Finland hasn't been to war since WWII, the few veterans present were octogenerians and older in formal civvies. Still, a memorable occasion.

Admittedly, I don't like to think about the veterans too often. It reminds me too much of my grandpa: fought in a number of battles in the Karelian Istmus, came home with half his fingers missing or blown off. He never wanted to talk about the war when I asked about it as a kid, and by the time we could have sat down and talk man to man, he had lost a crucial battle. Alzheimer... His memory is completely shot now, leaving him essentially living in the now and relying entirely on the nurses at the Veterans' Home he is staying in. It brings a tear to my eye just thinking about him in such a state.

JCM

Damn, I can never watch House without remembering Hugh as George..... :(

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I was thunderstruck when I realized the fresh faced George, was now the craggy faced House...

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I was thunderstruck when I realized the fresh faced George, was now the craggy faced House...[/QUOTE]

"Whoops, Mrs Miggins, you're sitting on my artichokes."