Export thread

PA is hiring artists...

@Li3n

@Li3n

http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=823322

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2010/1/11/

Damn, now i wish i was one... and had teleportation powers for the commute.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Hmm, the only thing I'm lacking is a proper bachelor's.....stupid crappy associates.

Oh yeah, and talent.

crono1224

Hmm, the only thing I'm lacking is a proper bachelor's.....stupid crappy associates.

Oh yeah, and talent.
Not that I know why it matters since it states it doesn't matte what it is in. Being that it could be a BS in biology or something so unrelated its rediculus.

Dave

Dave

It's not ridiculous. Wanting a BS/BA in anything just means that they want to have proof that you have the ability to stick to something that is a difficult task until the finish. It's not that the job has to be related to the degree, just that you have the perseverance to get a degree.

And I'd give my left nut to be able to work there. Hell, if I had the talent I'd move my family there to work if they'd hire me. But I have no artistic ability, so that's right out.

Adam

Adammon

Heh, it's funny, I could totally apply for this job. I meet all of the requirements plus the skill sets plus the experience. That said, I don't think I'd enjoy working with them because I need a more professional environment. Plus reading their job posting makes me kind of queasy, not sure what it is.

"Digging a little deeper, there are specific technical requirements we ask for. If you don’t have these, do not apply. You may be this amazing candidate and be an incredible fit but lack these skills and are even willing to learn them, but the reality is a million people are going to apply for this job, and we’re not going to take that risk on you. "

"- You have to be amazing at the Adobe Creative Suite, with a heavy focus on Illustrator and Photoshop.
- You must be proficient in Flash/Actionscript
- You need to have a knowledge of HTML, XHTML and CSS
- Print/Production experience if possible
- It would be nice if you knew some Javascript, but it’s not required.
- This is important: WHEN APPLYING PLEASE INCLUDE A LINK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO EITHER ON YOUR RESUME OR YOUR APPLICATION. "

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Anyone told Senor Boxer Hockey about this?

Espy

Espy

Anyone told Senor Boxer Hockey about this?
He's still in school so I doubt he'd leave his last year to do this.

Dave

Dave

I sent him a Tweet on it anyway.

fade

fade

Pbbt, web and merchandise design? Somehow I doubt Rittz would go for it. But then experience is experience.

Dave

Dave

Are you nuts? Seeing that he's an artist, just being able to say he worked at PA on their team is a fracking HUGE boost to his resume! It's the kind of job that is very once-in-a-lifetime.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

^

Those were my thoughts pretty much.

fade

fade

I guess.

Dave

Dave

Do YOU have a degree, Fade? You would be good at this, too.

I mean, I sent it to Rittz because there's a chance he might be interested. Is this something you'd like to do?

fade

fade

Me? More degrees than I probably should have. This is a young man's game. *puffs pipe*

(Plus, I can't hold an artistic candle to anyone with formal art training. First to admit it.)

chakz

Are you nuts? Seeing that he's an artist, just being able to say he worked at PA on their team is a fracking HUGE boost to his resume! It's the kind of job that is very once-in-a-lifetime.
Actually I'm with fade on this one. If your looking to get into comics or animation this sounds kind of boring. The job should go to someone with a real passion for graphic design.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

If your looking to get into comics or animation this sounds kind of boring. The job should go to someone with a real passion for graphic design.
Or a huge fan of Penny Arcade

chakz

If your looking to get into comics or animation this sounds kind of boring. The job should go to someone with a real passion for graphic design.
Or a huge fan of Penny Arcade[/QUOTE]

Why can't it be both?

Gusto

Gusto

Once again the universe taunts me by telling me I ave not yet succeeded in the webcomics game. One of these days I'll become MORE than just a freelance creative consultant. This I swear.