PA school spied on students via school-issued laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

figmentPez

Staff member
Suit: Pennsylvania school spied on students via laptops

PHILADELPHIA – A federal lawsuit accuses a suburban Philadelphia school district of spying on students at home through school-issued laptop webcams.

The suit says Lower Merion School District officials can activate the webcams remotely without students' knowledge. The lawsuit alleges the cameras captured images of Harriton High School students and their families as they undressed and in other compromising situations.

Families learned of the alleged webcam images when an assistant principal spoke to a student about inappropriate behavior at home.
That is messed up. How many people had to think this was acceptable for it to happen?

EDIT: Crap, Fun Size beat me by 8 minutes.

T

The Key of J

I've been out of the loop for a while, but I wonder how long it'll be before they lean "terrorists" or simply give a scap goat up. Either way, the psychological trauma that this could have caused justifies a public reprimand if for no other reason than to make people feel safe again. Unfortunately, I think we're going to see a lot more of this kind of stuff happening and being allowed before too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.