Export thread

Pentagon has no clue who fired SoCal missile sighting?? O_o;;;;

Chibibar

Mysterious missile lights up the sky over the Pacific - San Diego, California News Station - KFMB Channel 8 - cbs8.com

That is kinda scary, but it is "no clue" which could be, they can't say due to military secret?

but still, a missile launch that no one is taking credit near LAX is kinda scary.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I agree with one of the posters on the news article. It is likely a jet coming strait at the camera, like from Hawaii.

Espy

Espy

Sure doesn't look like a plane.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Or a bird.

Espy

Espy

Oh I like where this is going.

Hylian

Hylian

Or a Superman.

Espy

Espy

THATS WHERE I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Could be a war game maybe?

phil

phil

But the only way to win those is not play.

Null

Null

Wouldn't you prefer a nice game of chess?

Baerdog

Baerdog

How about tic-tac-toe?

Null

Null

I saw a tweet that was something to the extent of "the missile got launched because Cobra Commander was having sex on his desk". Which I admit, made me laugh.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I've seen that before as a plane. If it was like United that has unpainted planes and is coming in, it will look a lot like that. The new video even said that it was a plane coming toward the camera.

Element 117

@Li3n

@Li3n

I've seen that before as a plane. If it was like United that has unpainted planes and is coming in, it will look a lot like that. The new video even said that it was a plane coming toward the camera.
Well that's more imaginative then a weather balloon...

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I suspect that when the Navy spokesman said that the Navy didn't launch a missile, he was thinking, "that's because it was a DoD missile, bitches! We just watched! Dur hur hur hur hur..."

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

There was nothing moving fast on radar. A rocket at that altitude would have been going 18,000 mph. And would not have been loitering around like that contrail.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

There was nothing moving fast on radar. A rocket at that altitude would have been going 18,000 mph. And would not have been loitering around like that contrail.
Maybe the Navy was just embarrassed that their super-awesome missile of awesome super-stealthiness turned out to be super-slow and super-obvious.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

This is what happens when I hire outside contractors to set up guidance systems.... :tsk:

Lesson learned, take the time, do it myself.

Element 117

This is what happens when I hire outside contractors to set up guidance systems.... :tsk:

Lesson learned, take the time, do it myself.
Pssh, you can't even afford to move, much less a LTAL system that can spot fire that fast.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I think you misunderstood. I don't have funds in public viewed and trackable accounts for something as minut as moving.

My accounts for my other lines of business however, are more than sufficient.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

So did a party pooping network technician that lives under a very busy route for airliners.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

So did a party pooping network technician that lives under a very busy route for airliners.[/QUOTE]

...so what you're saying is that you can see Russian airliners from your house? :awesome:

Seriously, though I was hoping for something more interesting.

Element 117

I think you misunderstood. I don't have funds in public viewed and trackable accounts for something as minut as moving.

My accounts for my other lines of business however, are more than sufficient.
pssh. you so poor you have to speak in Aromanian because you can't afford the English e for "minute."