Export thread

Picked up my first nerf gun today

Alucard

One of the toys I never had growing up as a kid or even a teenager was a nerf gun.
After my last upper division college course ended this afternoon I swung over to the local Walmart to pick up one.

I purchased the hand gun called Maverick that huge revolving pump action one.

Another reason I did it is because my suite mates frequently have nerf wars and I would normally get shot at a lot due to being unarmed.

Yeah I know its lame just wanted to post something humorous on the board this afternoon

Hylian

Hylian

I love Nerf guns but I don't get to have many Nerf wars :(

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Had nerf wars fairly recently. We mounted my camera to one of the guns during a Zombie vs Mercenaries Nerf war. Might upload it.

I have two Mavericks, and what I did was attach a strap to the loop on the pump part of both guns, put the strap behind my back, and after I've shot both guns I can just pull them away from me and the strap pumps both guns at the same time, so it's very easy to dual wield.

Alucard

I think we're going to do something like that soon with the Zombie thing but we have to have more people for that.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I have a few N-strike weapons, and the Maverick is the favorite one.

General Specific

General Specific

I have a Maverick as well. Also picked up one of the smaller, single shot guns. It's a good little backup to surprise someone with. They think you're out of ammo only to be shot with the small gun. :D

Sadly, no more Nerf Wars for me.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

I still love this bad boy I picked up a year or so ago:

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Most of my time is spent in the animation studio at school, so everyone I know is a child at heart. Last year Mavericks started filtering into the studio. Soon there were no name imitations and all kinds of older NERF guns floating around as well.
My roommate went out and bought a Vulcan. Brought it in one day. He effectively ended the cold war at the studio. The Nerf guns left, and never came back.
My roommate and I had to buy a Maverick and a Firefly, respectively, just to defend ourselves at home.
I want to get a Recon eventually, but can't really afford it.

TwoBit

I've never owned a nerf gun. Is this a good thing? Signs point to maybe.

Deschain

Picked up my first Glock today. Normally I go for nice respectable pistols, but I felt like being a whore. It was like the cheap tawdry plastic like the kind you would find in a Chinatown market. There was no exposed hammer - decocking would be a problem and single-action non-existent. The square slide made it look like I was holding some mass-produced low quality firearm for retards.

I took it to the range and shot a few magazines off. When putting it away however, it slipped and well, I guess hitting the ground made it go off because it shot me in the leg. Then as I was cleaning it, I fired the gun to disassemble it and even though I checked the barrel and removed the magazine, the glock has a bad habit of hiding bullets. Unfortunately, I was holding the gun backwards so I got hit in the chest as well. Now I'm in the hospital 550 in the hole with the Glock in the evidence locker oh and also, the glock misfired twice while being transported to the station, killing a cop and two bystanders.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Picked up my first Glock today. Normally I go for nice respectable pistols, but I felt like being a whore. It was like the cheap tawdry plastic like the kind you would find in a Chinatown market. There was no exposed hammer - decocking would be a problem and single-action non-existent. The square slide made it look like I was holding some mass-produced low quality firearm for retards.

I took it to the range and shot a few magazines off. When putting it away however, it slipped and well, I guess hitting the ground made it go off because it shot me in the leg. Then as I was cleaning it, I fired the gun to disassemble it and even though I checked the barrel and removed the magazine, the glock has a bad habit of hiding bullets. Unfortunately, I was holding the gun backwards so I got hit in the chest as well. Now I'm in the hospital 550 in the hole with the Glock in the evidence locker oh and also, the glock misfired twice while being transported to the station, killing a cop and two bystanders.
This thread is about to go somewhere very different.

Twitch

Nerf guns eh? Let me tell you a story.

Frog was going to cross a river, but Scorpion approached him, saying 'please carry me on your back across this river.'

'Scorpion,' the Frog replied, 'if I carry you on my back, how do I know you will not sting me?'

'I will not sting you. I swear it,' Scorpion assured Frog, so Frog allowed Scorpion to climb onto his back and they began to cross the river. However, when they reached the deepest part of the river, Scorpion stung Frog, paralyzing him and thus preventing him from swimming....

'Why have you done this?' Frog asked Scorpion as he died. 'Now we will both drown.'

'Because it is my nature,' Scorpion whispered, and they drowned together.

Now here's how that story goes with you nuts running around with nerf guns

Frog was going to cross a river, but Scorpion approached him, saying 'please carry me on your back across this river.'

'Scorpion,' the Frog replied, 'if I carry you on my back, how do I know you will not sting me?'

'I will not sting you. I swear it,' Scorpion assured Frog, so Frog allowed Scorpion to climb onto his back and they began to cross the river. However, when they reached the deepest part of the river, Scorpion tried to sting the frog, but the frog had his gun on his head, blocking the blow....

Now pissed off, the frog gets his gun quickly and starts shooting at the scorpion. When they reach the other side, the scorpion pleas for his life before getting shot.

And that's why I support a nerf ban

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

This thread is about to go somewhere very different.[/quote]

ElJuski

ElJuski

nerds and nerf guns. I don't get it. I don't get it as much as I don't get nerds and LEGOs.

Alucard

you dont get legos.....who are you?

Rob King

Rob King

nerds and nerf guns. I don't get it. I don't get it as much as I don't get nerds and LEGOs.
I think we just became enemies.

RE: Nerf

My friend worked at the local university this summer developing software in a small office with two other guys. One day they went to Wal*Mart and picked up Nerf guns. Apparently, Nerf battles would break out spontaneously every day or so, ending after a few minutes without any real prompting. Almost like a little boredom pressure-release valve for the office.

My friend eventually got a job in another department of the university. To hear him tell the story of his last day is awesome.

A coworker showed up in his cubicle door dressed in sunglasses and a dark trench coat. He gives a monologue about suffering under my friend's rule for too long. This day had been coming for a long time, apparently, and now they stood on the precipice. Blah blah blah. The guy throws open his trench coat and reaches for a gun at more or less the same moment my friend realizes what's happening. He dodges a shot and makes a grab for his own gun (ever on standby).

By all accounts I've heard, the battle raged for an hour and a half. Apparently roughly thirteen people were involved (this office contains only three cubicles, remember). According to second-hand accounts, while out with some friends the night before, one of my friend's coworkers mentioned that he was planning a final battle. His friends wanted in. It ended up growing via text-messaging until ten friends had been called in for support. They didn't have many Nerf guns, so they went to Wal*Mart and spent a few hundred dollars (collectively) on wicked guns and extra ammo.

And that is why I wish I worked with nerds.

ElJuski

ElJuski

I got LEGOs when I was seven. And I understand that playing with a few blocks on a coffee table can be a great time passer. I don't get why people get all fucking jazzed when the Toy Story set comes out.

However, I also don't get playing pool and butt sex. So, take it for what it is.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

...no pool?

Juski, you have made yourself a very quiet enemy!

ElJuski

ElJuski

I never got a hang of shooting pool, and it's just not fun to me...I'm not very fun with bros at bars :(

Gurpel

Gurpel

I still love this bad boy I picked up a year or so ago:
i came into possession of one of these bad boys recently, according to the terms of a bet made with a friend.

god damn it is unreliable. i have had to open it up twice now.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I have the double barrel shotgun nerf gun, and the lever action rifle nerf gun in my closet. It compliments my .40 cal, my Taurus Judge, and my .22 quite nice

FnordBear

FnordBear

You are not a true office warrior until one of these grace your cubical.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/warfare/a1c2/

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

You are not a true office warrior until one of these grace your cubical.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/warfare/a1c2/
I have never wanted something useless quite as much as that.

Gurpel

Gurpel

I have the double barrel shotgun nerf gun, and the lever action rifle nerf gun in my closet. It compliments my .40 cal, my Taurus Judge, and my .22 quite nice
yeah i bet they really compliment the 22 well seeing as they are of equivalent power.

Covar

Covar

Ah the Maverick. A good piece, highly reliable, decent accuracy, and easily modifiable to get some extra oomph into each shot.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------