Pittsburgh Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because. Just because.

They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I keep going to PNC Park. ;)

I remember the days of the Lumber Company. The days when the NL East was theirs for the taking. I remember The Family. The City of Champions. I also remember the dark days of the mid 80s. The drug trials. The revelation that the guy in the Parrot costume was dealing to the players.

I also remember the return to glory of the early 90s. The glory that faded the night Sid Slid.

These aren't the woeful days of yore. True there hasn't been a winning team in what feels like forever, but there is still hope. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and for once it doesn't feel like it's just the headlight of that oncoming train.

As long as the Pirates continue to keep their payroll under 35 million despite being in one of the largest sports markets in the country they deserve their losing seasons.

I admire your loyalty but the Pirate's owner needs a swift kick in the ass.

C

Chazwozel

As long as the Pirates continue to keep their payroll under 35 million despite being in one of the largest sports markets in the country they deserve their losing seasons.

I wish the rumors about Mario buying the Pirates came true...

And Dark, I feel your pain...

Zappit

Staff member
The Pirates profit every year despite those awful records. As long as that keeps up, the owner's not going to let go of that team. MLB (Selig) would have to start laying down the law with the ownership, because it's a freakin' joke what's going on in Pittsburg. MLB just came down on the Marlins for similar shenanigans - why not the Pirates?

I wish the rumors about Mario buying the Pirates came true...

And Dark, I feel your pain...

[/QUOTE]

You want pain, Chaz? Look at my tweets from yesterday afternoon. Brewers 20 Pirates 0. I WAS THERE.

At the end there were guys in the LF bleachers chanting "We want 30!" Oi.

OTOH, it was an absolutely gorgeous day to be at the ballpark. I was witness to history. Dubious history that it was from a Bucco perspective, but still history.

Status
Not open for further replies.