Please help me find this song

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a longshot, but it's been driving me nuts lately. This song has eluded me for darn near 15 years. It was from one of those generic alternative 90's bands. It's not even really a one hit wonder, as I don't think it got much airplay. I remember seeing it on Mtv a couple times, but it seemed to fade pretty fast. Don't recall it ever making it to local radio, either.

The big problem is I have no idea what the song sounds like except for the intro, which is nothing but drums. Other information is that it likely came out sometime in spring or summer of '95, possibly late '94. I recall the video had a lot of colored lighting, mostly magenta. Or maybe the color was from video effects, a la the "What'cha Want" video from the Beastie Boys? Can't quite recall. The band was all guys, pretty sure it was a four-piece.

I've attached a recreation of the intro to the best of my recollection. If you can name this, you will be my hero forever.

Attachments

Thanks, but it's definitely not that song- the one I'm thinking of predates the movie. I just hope that I haven't conflated the two as time has passed. That would be really irritating.

M

makare

I was going to rick roll you but i decided not to. you are welcome

I FOUND IT! And after hearing it, now I know why I forgot it. :p

Looks like I got lots of things mixed up over time, and I actually did mix up the intro with "That Thing You Do," although they are superficially similar. Anyway, if anyone is curious, this is the song.

Status
Not open for further replies.