Export thread

Podcast Topic Ideas

Ross

Ross

Thought I'd throw some ideas for next week's podcast (and for other future podcasts).

The geeks view of the popular social networking sites. What WE think of social web sites, what we use, and what can go shove it up their ass.

Geek romance. What values do geeks put into choosing the man or woman of their dreams? What do we want our significant other to think of us?

PC vs. Console vs. hand-helds. What makes them appealing to geeks, and which reigns supreme in our eyes?

The geek at the supermarket. Our favorite foods and drinks, what is considered geek cuisine, and why more and more products are being made to try to cater to the geek culture.

Rob King

Rob King

Future Weekly Podcast Ideas

I would/will listen to a podcast about either of these topics.

---------- Post added 09-08-2009 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-07-2009 at 11:57 PM ----------

Also, I just had a thought. What about an episode about travel? Who travels a lot, where you've been, how you like to go, fun anectdotes, etc. If it has to be geek-themed, the official subject could be a list of geek meccas. Conventions, significant places in geek history, etc.

Ross

Ross

Rob... sounds like a good idea!

What I forgot to mention in the OT... anyone who has ideas, feel free to post them! It would be great to see what you all want to hear about.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Can't think of any topics right off the hat, but I'll gather my thoughts later. I'd listen to any of those, and would participate in most~

redapples

4. can probably be summed up in one word 'Ping!'

phil

phil

I think we should write essays about how we would describe our favorite piece of art to the blind.

Alternativly, we could talk about what we all like in a roleplaying game. Does anyone here larp? What's your game of choice etc.

Dave

Dave

I used to LARP. And I like some of these ideas.

For now I think I'm still going to be keeping it every other week. So no podcast this week. The next one will be slated for 9-20 and I'll figure out the time as it gets a bit closer.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Here's an idea: Pitch your idea for a video game, then we tell you if it's lame or not via the chat stream.

Krisken

Krisken

Cartoons, Board Games, the different Geek cultures (the geek hierarchy). These are my suggestions.

Ross

Ross

In French, it's called "ze boomp"

Andi

Drachenherz

In French, it's called "le boump"
Fixed that for you. :)