[PC Game] Poll: What do you want to see in a KSP playthrough?

What would you like to see in another KSP playthrough?

• Modded with Advanced Progression contract pack (missions pack that gives a more gradual progression)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Walkthrough of a specific mission (asteroid retrieval, probe orbiting, etc) (pls explain in comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So, I'm gearing up to do my next KSP playthrough, but I'd like to gauge what you'd all like to see. I've made a poll giving out some options, but you can also just choose "other" and tell me what you'd like in this thread, too. I've included a few mod packs that look interesting to me, but that I've never used (with the exception of Space-Y).

I've allowed multiple choice, because (with the exception of the no-mod Normal mode option), the choices are not mutually exclusive.

Below, I've linked to the various mod packs I put in the poll, so you can get an idea of what they do to the base game.

Description of Space-Y
provides a range of 5m fuel tanks and engines, a fueled 3.75m nose-cone, both "stack" and "radial" decouplers, a fueled size adapter, large docking ports, adaptive size adapters, upper-stage thrust plates with shrouds, and a range of powerful SRBs.

Description of Interstellar
A pack of several mods that add clouds, improve the look of parts/planets, etc.

Description of Space Station contract pack
Disables stock space station missions and replaces them with a more robust create/maintain/upgrade set of missions.

Description of Advanced Progression contract pack
contains a series of missions (and repeatables) intended to add some more direction and depth to career mode. Examples include "perform the first EVA" and "send the first mission to flyby another planet and return", and so on. It also contains repeatable contracts for planet/moon landings, and orbital crew launches.
(note: this mission pack has some overlap with the current state of stock missions)

Description of Mission Based R&D contract pack
The objective of this mod is to overhaul the R&D system of career mode by neutralizing the science points and unlocking tech nodes as a reward for completing missions.
(note: if I do this one, it will likely be the only mod in that playthrough. Because it completely revamps the tech tree, it is incompatible with a lot of other part and mission mod packs)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dei
It looks like the most popular choice is the mission-based tech tree, followed by a no-mod playthrough in second place.

Since a no-mod playthrough on Normal looks a lot like a no-mod playthrough on easy, only a lot more grindy, I'm inclined to do the mission-based tech tree. I've never played this mod, so it will be an adventure for us both!

@Bubble181, you mentioned that you wanted to see a detailed walkthrough of a specific element, but didn't specify which one. Post here, and I'll do my best to cover it this time around.

I just got back from my vacation in Houston, so it'll probably be a few days before I get started.

Reason I didn't specify is because, honestly, I haven't looked into the game enoguh to know whether or not there isn't a perfectly good tutorial which covers it, or it's just plain boring to watch. And then I mean the bits you let the game do for you- calculate the approach, figure out what the most efficientroute is, that stuff.

Reason I didn't specify is because, honestly, I haven't looked into the game enoguh to know whether or not there isn't a perfectly good tutorial which covers it, or it's just plain boring to watch. And then I mean the bits you let the game do for you- calculate the approach, figure out what the most efficientroute is, that stuff.
Well, you can probably find a tutorial of just about any specific gameplay element by Scott Manley. But if you had something specific you wanted covered, I could show you how I do it (since I've never really watched any of his videos).