Poor Boromir, he doesn't know Winter is coming..

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rubicon

Sean Bean famously played Boromir in The Lord of the Rings, so it seems natural for him to have been cast in the lead role of Lord Eddard \"Ned\" Stark in HBO's upcoming adaptation of A Game of Thrones, the first book in George R.R. Martin's Song of Fire and Ice series of fantasy novels.
If you haven't read the first book [spoiler:37xjp375]Ned dies towards the end, falsely accused of being a traitor when he wouldn't support Joffrey's ascent to the throne[/spoiler:37xjp375]

http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/sean-bean- ... n-hbos.php

God I can't wait for this series, this AND Tru Blood? HBO is pleasing the nerd audience oh yes indeed they are

[spoiler:22jq0wiz]Isn't there a rule that anything Bean acts in has his character killed?[/spoiler:22jq0wiz]

Edited to cover accidental spoiler.

<--- signing up for hbo.

now all we need is for george rr martin to FINISH THE NEXT GODDAMN BOOK ALREADY....

Krisken said:
[spoiler:2dm0w44i]Isn't there a rule that anything Bean acts in has his character killed?[/spoiler:2dm0w44i]
Oh good, thanks for unspoilering that spoiler. :angry:

ZenMonkey said:
Krisken said:
[spoiler:328fzjwk]Isn't there a rule that anything Bean acts in has his character killed?[/spoiler:328fzjwk]
Oh good, thanks for unspoilering that spoiler. :angry:
Sorry, I wasn't referring to this particular movie (didn't even read the spoiler). I just thought that was a Sean Bean rule. Sorry :(

Edit: Fixed this one too

Krisken said:
Sorry, I wasn't referring to this particular movie (didn't even read the spoiler). I just thought that was a Sean Bean rule. Sorry :(
Eh, it's okay, just that Mav covered that bit up with his spoiler and I hadn't read the book. Oh well.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Knowing how popular HBO shows have been here in my country, I will personally torture the dipshit who decides "Nah, we'll skip this one" :devil:

I'm still cross about the asshat execs not running the 3rd and 4th seasons of Battlestar Galactica, and refusing to air Doctor Who beyond Season One (while for some strange reason Torchwood's first season is getting its second re-run).

Krisken said:
Isn't there a rule that anything Bean acts in has his character killed?
Odysseus/Ulysses survied Troy, Richard Sharpe survived the napoleonic wars, his villain in National Treasure only went to prison. :slywink:
But yes, his better known roles seem to end fatal for him.

Useless info: it still cracks me up every time when in LotR I he picks up the broken sword and mutters "Still sharp", as for me he will always be Richard Sharpe. :thumbsup:

M

Mr_Chaz

Just Me said:
Krisken said:
Odysseus/Ulysses survied Troy, Richard Sharpe survived the napoleonic wars, his villain in National Treasure only went to prison. :slywink:

Useless info: it still cracks me up every time when in LotR I he picks up the broken sword and mutters "Still sharp", as for me he will always be Richard Sharpe. :thumbsup:
In the cast commentary of Fellowship the Hobbits just refer to him as Sharpe most of the time. As I do too.

Mr_Chaz said:
[quote="Just Me":3jj48pef]
Krisken said:

In the cast commentary of Fellowship the Hobbits just refer to him as Sharpe most of the time. As I do too.[/quote:3jj48pef]

Sean Bean simply is Sharpe! Whenever I saw him afterwards it always was "Ah, Sharpe's on the cast". I don't know how often I watched the series and re-read the books...
Sharpe is always soo kick ass, he was the Samuel L. Jackson of the early 19th century.

W

Wyrminarrd

I´m really looking forward to this series and I hope that HBO won't butcher the source material like "Legend of the seeker" did.

Though I have to be honest and admit that I would much, much rather that the author actually finished writing the books instead of spending his time working on making this show.

Wyrminarrd said:
I´m really looking forward to this series and I hope that HBO won't butcher the source material like "Legend of the seeker" did.

Though I have to be honest and admit that I would much, much rather that the author actually finished writing the books instead of spending his time working on making this show.
Hmm.. I disagree. The show will be awesome. I'd much rather he actually finished writing the book instead of spending his time developing video games/collectible swords/mini figurines/editing ten anthologies at once. The man's as bad as Kurtz, although to be fair, he does actually FINISH his side projects.

Please watch the damned spoilers people.... and mods, clean it up instead of quoting it. :slap:

I've always enjoyed Sean Bean's work, this looks good.

R

Rubicon

HowDroll said:
Wyrminarrd said:

Hmm.. I disagree. The show will be awesome. I'd much rather he actually finished writing the book instead of spending his time developing video games/collectible swords/mini figurines/editing ten anthologies at once. The man's as bad as Kurtz, although to be fair, he does actually FINISH his side projects.
Thats what scares me. He is still working on Dance, and each season of the show = 1 book.. He still has 2 books planned for the series after Dance, so he has roughly 5 or 6 years before the show catches up to book 6 and 7.. Considering that we've been waiting on Dance since what, late 2004 mid 2005? 4 years to finish one book does not bode well for the show if they catch up to him..

Allen said:
Krisken said:
Well, I covered my post. I really didn't mean for it to be a spoiler.
Well, think of all the Sean Bean movies that you spoiled. At least several.
Er, yeah, but think of how surprised people will be in movies where he lives!

Um, yeah...

Still embarrassed. :redface:

Gill Kaiser said:
Isn't this now a spoiler?
No, it was a comment on one. As to the fact that I didn't cover up the quote after Krisken did, any concerns, as usual, can be reported or PMed. I didn't see it as I don't keep up with every thread and I was engaging in a modicum of a life tonight. (I know, I know, try not to drop dead of shock.)

Status
Not open for further replies.