Postal Service in trouble.... the fix is....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a better fix... zombie mailmen... serioously cuts down on salaries, and helps the over-population problem.

D

Dusty668

Set the clock back to 1950 or ban the internets, only pirates send mail without stamps, and that makes movie makers sad.

C

Chibibar

I am not sure how they are going to "fix this" I mean almost ALL my bills are paperless (when the option is available)

I haven't send out real letters in years. I do send packages, but usually with other carriers which are faster.

Due to the forum, I thought this was about the band :(
This. :([/QUOTE]

Are they gonna ever do another album? They might already be in trouble :([/QUOTE]

From what I have heard... no. There is some band out there, Owlsomething that sounds WAY to much like them so if you need a fix they might be good for you. Personally I think they sound like a really crappy version of the Postal Service, whom I think are fantastic.

I am not sure how they are going to "fix this" I mean almost ALL my bills are paperless (when the option is available)

I haven't send out real letters in years. I do send packages, but usually with other carriers which are faster.
So much mail is junk mail or business mail, and is sent for practically nothing. I know the postal service claims that sort of mail keeps them going, but with the junk mail volume increasing while the overhead on it is so low, it's just not that sustainable as a revenue model while other kinds of mail reduce in volume.

Due to the forum, I thought this was about the band :(
This. :([/QUOTE]

Are they gonna ever do another album? They might already be in trouble :([/QUOTE]

From what I have heard... no. There is some band out there, Owlsomething that sounds WAY to much like them so if you need a fix they might be good for you. Personally I think they sound like a really crappy version of the Postal Service, whom I think are fantastic.[/QUOTE]

I love Owl City and The Postal Service :)

I kind of figured you would;) Not my cup of tea. It's all sugary and trying-to-hard-to-be-Postal-Service whereas Postal Service had a depth that I really enjoyed.
I just can't do it. It's like kissing your ex-girlfriends brother in a wig. Sure, he looks kind of like your ex-girlfriend but it's just not right.

I hate the post office. For some messed up reason they won't deliver mail to rural business addresses, so we have to have everything sent to a PO box. It wouldn't be so bad if UPS would ship to PO Boxes, but they won't so I have to make sure I know how something is being shipped before it goes out. You wouldn't think it would be that hard, but some places don't tell you and it depends on the size of something and if multiple items go out in different shipments. Plus you get people who even if you tell them to send it to one address they screw up and send it to another. The post office is literally right next door, and if they have the package there but it has our physical address they won't hold it for us to walk over there and pick it up.

Anyways, they should've gotten rid of the Saturday deliveries a long time ago. I don't see any reason to make it any more confusing by saying they'll deliver one Saturday a month. Just drop it completely.

Shannow

Staff member
I kind of figured you would;) Not my cup of tea. It's all sugary and trying-to-hard-to-be-Postal-Service whereas Postal Service had a depth that I really enjoyed.
I just can't do it. It's like kissing your ex-girlfriends brother in a wig. Sure, he looks kind of like your ex-girlfriend but it's just not right.
this. I absolutely loved the Postal Service. Then again, its been pretty much known that there wasnt going to be anytihng after that album. I also agree with espy about owl too

this. I absolutely loved the Postal Service. Then again, its been pretty much known that there wasnt going to be anytihng after that album. I also agree with espy about owl too[/QUOTE]

We shall stand against the tide.

Look, how many billboard top hits did Postal Service have? Owl City is clearly superior
Sure they are.[/QUOTE]

I'm being facetious! I like them both, but Postal Service is a lot better[/QUOTE]

Sure you are.

I also hear you don't like the Pixies. We got beef.[/QUOTE]

What? I love the Pixies. I just said that to make eljuski get all pissed off[/QUOTE]

Beef don't go away that easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.