Recommendations of a wheeled computer backpack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sprained my lower back muscles a few weeks ago, and my doctor has told me that I need to avoid carrying anything in the long-term, including my computer bag as much as is possible, and suggested using a pull-handle instead.

Living around NYC, a pull-handle bag isn't always the best choice for getting around (and when climbing up and down stairs to use the subway, doesn't help my back at all), and since I'm shortly off to see the family for the holidays for a few weeks, carrying around multiple pieces of luggage is problematic.

So ideally, what I would like is a backpack with a solid pull-handle wheeled frame that has padding for a 13-inch laptop, a couple other compartments for laptop gear and a notebook, and a side pocket or two for w/e. I looked around Amazon a bit, and while they have a bunch of stuff, there really aren't enough reviews to get a good sense of what's good for the price.

Anyone have anything like this they would recommend?

I imagine so, you would have to break it down and fold it up to go through the x-ray machine. A call to a dedicated luggage store may be able to answer that better.

Can I still use the backpack straps to stick it on my back when it's lashed to the cart?

That's something I'd be doing quite frequently, and the reviews on Amazon don't really mention that.

I suppose it depends on how you lash it to the cart. If the straps are opposite the cart handle side, maybe. It would be rather cumbersome. If I needed to go from cart pulling to pack-on-back frequently, I would just rest the backpack on the cart, unattached, or use a couple of carabiners for a little security so I could put on the backpack and hand carry the cart, say for stairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.