Export thread

Remember Gattaca?? We are one step closer

Chibibar

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/04/30/ap/health/main6448410.shtml

Well.. at least the "good" side of this. You can tell the chances and such and even medical reaction, but you know, even with good intention someone might use this in the future just like Gattaca.

I'll add this to it
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8646236.stm

In Japan, women are looking for couple with specific bloodtype..... wow.. it has started

edit edit:
Here are some examples http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8652583.stm

Soliloquy

Does this mean we get spaceships and detectives with DNA-analyzing dirt devils?

If that's the case, I'm all for a genetic dystopia.

Null

Null

Hasn't blood type traditionally been considered a predictor of personality or compatiblity in Asia, though? Like, "Blood Type A are this, Blood Type B are that, O are like this...", etc.

Chibibar

Hasn't blood type traditionally been considered a predictor of personality or compatiblity in Asia, though? Like, "Blood Type A are this, Blood Type B are that, O are like this...", etc.
Lately yes, before it was more of Birthdate, your stars, planets, the hour of your birth etc etc determine your life, money and happiness

Tepshen

Tepshen

Lately yes, before it was more of Birthdate, your stars, planets, the hour of your birth etc etc determine your life, money and happiness[/QUOTE]

Ahh yes. The good old days. Sadly, it started to filter through after hundreds of years that the whole star sign birthday thing might be a tiny bit on the side of bullshit, but this blood thing is based on SCIENCE(!!!!!!) so it must be true. :) :) :)

Chibibar

Lately yes, before it was more of Birthdate, your stars, planets, the hour of your birth etc etc determine your life, money and happiness[/QUOTE]

Ahh yes. The good old days. Sadly, it started to filter through after hundreds of years that the whole star sign birthday thing might be a tiny bit on the side of bullshit, but this blood thing is based on SCIENCE(!!!!!!) so it must be true. :) :) :)[/QUOTE]

Hehehe it all depends on what you believe, but then again, it is one of those "self fulfilling prophecy" The Chinese wrote down specific pattern for different people and there are some true on compatibility (even dating sites uses them) but of course there are HUGE books on astrological signs to the hour where each person is compatible. Even to this day, Chinese believe in "lucky dates" for marriage, child birth, jobs, buying a house etc etc etc. If you truly believe it, it can come true (see self fulfilling prophecy) it is hard to explain over 5000 years of Chinese astrology but hey, it works so far :) My parents are very big on it and Feng Shui.

Element 117

blood type discrimination! Oh Japan, I love you,

Chibibar

blood type discrimination! Oh Japan, I love you,
I can see it how... what? you are O negative? We only allow A here!! you are outta here!