Removing Banker trojans PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zappit

Staff member
Just ran Spybot and it says I have some form of banker on my computer. Norton did not detect or remove it, and Spybot still says that I have it.

Is there a legit way to remove this thing? I'm desperately trying to find a safe removal tool that can kill banker, but it's so freaking hard to research a safe one. I really need some help here, since this is a big problem.

I second malwarebytes. When you run a scan be sure to boot up into safe mode and run it in there. To get into safe mode, just tap the f8 key after your post screen when booting up.

It could also help to get yourself to another computer to do your downloads and research. Hope you have a friend nearby.

I'll second MalwareBytes too.

3rd MWB. If you have another friend/computer available, you might even physically put the drive in another computer to clean it. Sometimes this is easier than trying to unlock/fix everything the malware broke enough so that you can run your fixit tools.

--Patrick

Zappit

Staff member
Just downloaded Malwarebytes. Can't find the file after the download, though. What am I missing?

Nevermind - found it.

Zappit

Staff member
I think I got it. I'm not seeing the processes for the malware running now, but it looks like a file or two was leftover. Long as it can't run, that's okay with me.

Edit - Maybe it got it all. Clean bill from Malwarebytes.

Thanks, guys, for the recommendation. It's hard to find a legit anti-malware tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.