Export thread

Request for Help!

LittleSin

LittleSin

Hey guys!

My comic, Welcome to Yielding, is due to start on the front page soon and that is very, very exciting to me! However, I do have a problem.

You've noticed that the other comic have this cool little text icons on the front page. I don't know how to create a button like that and was wondering if someone would like to step up to the plate. It doesn't have to be anything extravagant, just something recognizable.

I can give much by way of compensation...but I can use your name, handle or real, in the comic at some point. :)

So, can anyone help me out?

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Try http://cooltext.com/ it's free

General Specific

General Specific

Here's a quick and dirty idea I had for it, someone with more artistic talent than I can go back and redo it better if they like.

Basically making the Y there into a Yield sign to play off the name.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

But if your comic begins, what'll happen to the one of Dave and Scott finding "Real Dave"? That was a keeper. Permanent front page material.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Here's a quick and dirty idea I had for it, someone with more artistic talent than I can go back and redo it better if they like.

Basically making the Y there into a Yield sign to play off the name.
I really like this idea! I just wish it looked a little less...buisness-y.

General Specific

General Specific

I really like this idea! I just wish it looked a little less...buisness-y.
So, something like...

that?

Edit: hang on, imageshack is messing with the image name, trying to fix

Edit2: there, imgur work?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

It... looks exactly the same. I think she means something more playful, like for a comic. The font on yours looks like an insurance logo.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I have a vision! The way I see it, it will be beautiful. Influenced by Raphael, it's overwhelming use of colours to evoke a stirring in the souls of men would cause Michelangelo himself to weep. It flows across the page, inviting, warmly, all to come and visit and witness the glory behind. More than text, it is a spiritual experience that opens our eyes to the beauty and joy that underlies all existence, and sheds off the shackles of mortal suffering, sweeping us deftly into the divine arms of Art. All who see it weep with joyous rapture and yearn for more, falling to their knees before its greatness.

...But as I cannot draw a straight line with a ruler, I guess you'll never see it.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I also like that idea. :p My photoshop skills are lousy, though...and I don't actually have the program.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Lol. That is awesome but I don't think its quite what Dave wants for the front page.
icons.png

I think he wants some thing like that.

Gusto

Gusto

It's also spelled wrong.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Come on guys! I before e except after c and other random times that isn't exactly explained

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.038655,-95.427597

General Specific

General Specific

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

The way I see it...if everyone always gets it wrong, maybe it's the rule that should be changed ;)
That, sir, is the slippery slope that leads to l33+ and Ebonics...

General Specific

General Specific

The way I see it...if everyone always gets it wrong, maybe it's the rule that should be changed ;)
If you watch the video I posted, it reveals that there are more examples of the "rule" being wrong than there are of it being right. So, it is no longer taught in many schools.

Hylian

Hylian

Well here is my crappy MS Paint attempt

Biannoshufu

durp?