Export thread

RIP MIchael Gough

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni8670399/

Veteran character actor Michael Gough has passed away at the age of 94. The prolific performer appeared in over 170 films and television series over the course of his career, but is probably best known for his guest appearances on popular shows like Doctor Who and The Avengers, his involvement with the classic Hammer horror films, and for playing Alfred Pennyworth in the Tim Burton/Joel Schumacher Batman movies.

Gough was born in Kuala Lumpur, Malaya, and although a misplaced birth certificate made his exact age a mystery for the majority of his life, his wife Henrietta recently confirmed that 1916 was his birth year. He made his first film appearance in 1947′s Blanche Fury and in addition to extensive television and theater work, Gough would go on to appear in at least one film every year until ...
The only thing I honestly knew him from was the Batman movies. But I always liked him best. Even more than Michael Caine, oddly enough.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I like Caine, but his cockney accent does not sound right coming from the mouth of a gentleman's gentleman.

I've seen Gough in a few other things, but yes, Batman is the main one I remember him for.

Null

Null

He was a great character actor.