Rocky

[CONTAINER][POSTER]
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Rocky

Tagline: His whole life was a million-to-one shot.

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]John G. Avildsen[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Sylvester Stallone[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Talia Shire[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Burt Young[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carl Weathers[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Burgess Meredith[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Thayer David[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Joe Spinell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jimmy Gambina[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bill Baldwin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Al Silvani[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]George Memmoli[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jodi Letizia[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Diana Lewis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]George O'Hanlon[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Larry Carroll[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tony Burton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lloyd Kaufman[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]1976-11-21[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]119[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]When world heavyweight boxing champ Apollo Creed wants to give an unknown fighter a shot at the title as a publicity stunt, his handlers pick palooka Rocky Balboa, an uneducated collector for a Philadelphia loan shark.[/PLOT][/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

I liked it, even though I hate boxing. It's one of those movies that has been adopted into pop-culture icon status. When I was living in Philly, and even in recent years when I've gone back to visit, there has not been a single time I've gone to the Art Museum and at least one person is doing the "Rocky run" up the stairs. There's even a tile with his footprints at the top.

The movie is a testament to what you can achieve if you get an opportunity and commit to making the best of it.
Both onscreen and behind the scenes.

--Patrick

The movie is a testament to what you can achieve if you get an opportunity and commit to making the best of it.
Both onscreen and behind the scenes.

--Patrick
But what you get is a complete beat-down.

And that is what was so fresh about this movie, the underdog lost. He lost bravely but he lost. I was actually pretty upset when I saw this first run when I was little.