Export thread

Rum Thread

LordRavage

Alright! If we are going to have threads dedicated to chili, beer and other sorts of things, I demand a Rum thread!

Rules- Simple, post anything rum from favorite recipes to brands.

Pina Colada
1 1/2oz. Light Rum
2 oz. Pineapple Juice
1 oz. Cream of Coconut
1/2 Banana
1/2 cup crushed ice

Combine all ingredients in an electric blender with the ice. Blend 20 - 30 seconds. Pour blended mixture into a Collins glass.
Garnish with a pineapple wedge and paper umbrella (of course!)

Devil's Poison
1 oz. Jack Daniels
1 oz. 151 Bacardi Rum

Fill a shaker with ice, pour the Jack Daniels and 151 Bacardi Rum into shaker and shake. Strain into a shot glass.

Grog
A Staple For Every Privateer
2 oz. Dark Rum
3 oz. Water

Pour the rum and water into an old fashion glass and stir well.

And my personal favorite......A quick pour of rum and fill the glass with Passion fruit juice. It makes for nice relaxing time.

Home work- Have a rum drink and give your thoughts on it. You will be graded on personal tastes and how bad you start typing after knocking back a few. (It will be based on a curve...The worse everyone types..the better the grade.) :D

Cajungal

Cajungal

A month or so ago, I felt like drinking, but I had limited resources: A leftover bottle of Malibu (my friend Lizzie's favorite, bought for her US visit but unfinished) and some limeade. I mixed the two together... with tasty results.

All those sound delightful, except the Devil's Poison. I don't like whiskey. But I LOVE RUM!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

I love making rum and coke jell-o shooters. Make that vanilla coke and spiced rum shooters. :)

Vyta posted a website that had numerous recipes. I've been trying a few.

Shakey

Shakey

Zombie punch:

1/2 oz Bacardi® 151 rum
2 oz light rum
1 oz dark rum
1 oz pineapple juice
1 oz orange juice
1/2 oz apricot brandy
1 tsp sugar
1 oz lime juice

It's pretty close to what I made before, can't remember exactly. I made a huge batch of it and served it in a punch bowl. It can hit you quick.

Denbrought

Denbrought

This one's called a "Cremat." Pretty old drink in the catalan coastal zones.

Put rum in a pan, as much as you need, sprinkle scrapped lemon skin on top. Grab a blowtorch and flambé it, then serve to everyone. Makes for a great drink in fall/winter nights outside in the beach and similar.

Koko

Stay away from King's Baby Rum in a plastic bottle.
Cheapest, worst tasting liquor ever...at 80 proof.

Gared

Gared

Rum balls - a la Emeril Lagasse

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 cup dark rum
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
2 1/2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
1 cup finely chopped, toasted walnuts
Directions
Into a large bowl, sift together 1 cup of the confectioners' sugar, the cocoa powder and allspice. Stir in the rum and corn syrup. Stir in the vanilla wafers and walnuts, and mix well. Place in the refrigerator to firm up slightly, about 30 minutes. (The mixture may appear crumbly and dry; this is O.K.)

Place the remaining 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar in a shallow bowl or dish.

Using a tablespoon, scoop out portions of the chocolate mixture and press into 1-inch balls. Using your hands, roll the balls in the confectioners' sugar, coating evenly.

Place on a baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, placing waxed paper between the layers to prevent sticking.

Also, rum soaked fruit cake - for which I do not yet have a good recipe, but I'm working on it.

Koko

Rum balls - a la Emeril Lagasse

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 cup dark rum
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
2 1/2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
1 cup finely chopped, toasted walnuts
Directions
Into a large bowl, sift together 1 cup of the confectioners' sugar, the cocoa powder and allspice. Stir in the rum and corn syrup. Stir in the vanilla wafers and walnuts, and mix well. Place in the refrigerator to firm up slightly, about 30 minutes. (The mixture may appear crumbly and dry; this is O.K.)

Place the remaining 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar in a shallow bowl or dish.

Using a tablespoon, scoop out portions of the chocolate mixture and press into 1-inch balls. Using your hands, roll the balls in the confectioners' sugar, coating evenly.

Place on a baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, placing waxed paper between the layers to prevent sticking.

Also, rum soaked fruit cake - for which I do not yet have a good recipe, but I'm working on it.
I'm trying this, substituting
Allspice-->Pumpkin Pie Spice
Vanilla Wafers --> Chocolate graham cracker
Walnuts --> Peanuts
:hungry:

Bowielee

Bowielee

LordRavage

Aaahhhh Watched the final episode of Dexter with a glass of rum and Passion fruit juice.

Life is good.

FnordBear

FnordBear

Good Ole Time

1 Bottle of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
1 MP3 of the Lazy Town Pirate Song
1 Pirate Costume

Procedure:

Play the MP3 loudly at a party while in the Pirate costume. Drink directly from the bottle as long and as much as you can any time the song cuts to the young girl singing. Sing along with the rest of the song.

Repeat until passed out drunk or dead.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Good Ole Time

1 Pirate Costume

Procedure:

Play the MP3 loudly at a party while in the Pirate costume. Drink directly from the bottle as long and as much as you can any time the song cuts to the young girl singing. Sing along with the rest of the song.

Variation: Substitute LazyTown's Pirate Song with any Alestorm CD.

Gusto

Gusto

Good Ole Time

1 Pirate Costume

Procedure:

So awesome.