Export thread

Say Goodbye to the King!

LittleSin

LittleSin

You're signature pic after that seductive king picture just made me crack up laughing.

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

Whats a burger king?
In all serious though, they actually used that in marketing over there? That thing is scary as shit.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Whats a burger king?
In all serious though, they actually used that in marketing over there? That thing is scary as shit.
Yes, he even had his own video game.

I'm going to miss the king.

makare

I'm glad it will be gone. That thing is super creepy.

Espy

Espy

Terrifying. Yet I shall miss him as well.

David

David

I always thought the king was awesome. And he'll never be as creepy as the Quiznos... whatever the hell they were.

Gryfter

Gryfter

I always thought the king was awesome. And he'll never be as creepy as the Quiznos... whatever the hell they were.
Curse you... I had successfully forgotten about those.

makare

hmm nah i got to go with the expressionless wordless staring puppet head guy as more creepy.

Jay

Jay

Yes, he even had his own video game.

I'm going to miss the king.

Better than Dragon Age 2...

Vagabond

Vagabond

What no. The King was like family to me. The stoic, absentee father figure I've always wanted.

That McDonalds still has that creepy ginger clown slewing their shit is just unfair.

As Alex Maccedo, SVP, marketing, put it to USA Today: ”People want a reason to go back to Burger King
What the fuck does this even mean.

fade

fade

The difference between Ronald and The King, though, was that the Burger King was supposed to be weird and creepy.

makare

I love ronald or at least I did when they had the commercials with all the people in the Mcdonalds land or whatever it was called. I loved Birdy. Although don't know how well it worked for marketing because I never really associated the characters with the food.

This was my favorite commercial with them

It's so damn corny, I just love it.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I always preferred the Subserviant Chicken, anyway.

http://www.bk.com/en/us/campaigns/subservient-chicken.html

Jay

Jay

Did someone say chicken?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

That's like a full plate of WHAT with a side order of THE FUCK.

BananaHands

BananaHands

As long as they keep that sweet, sweet breakfast menu... Burger King can do whatever it wants.

redthirtyone

redthirtyone

Think they're going to switch to the guy from this video

**oh yeah... little bit NSFW :) **

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

These guys are still waiting for their call back...

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

That's sad, i really loved the Creepy King.

Krisken

Krisken

I will miss creepy king, but at least King Radical, who looks like him, will probably show up in Dr. McNinja yet.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I will miss the creepy King.

bigcountry23

bigcountry23

He may be gone from TV, but always remember...

General Specific

General Specific

PatrThom

PatrThom

he'll never be as creepy as the Quiznos... whatever the hell they were.
I happen to know they're called "Spongmonkeys."

--Patrick

makare

no way! that name is... yeah
Added at: 01:02
no way! that name is... yeah

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Who could have watched the "we like the moon" video and thought "That's perfect for my brand!"

probably some marketing guy who doesn't get how this "popular stuff with kids in the internet" works...

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Who could have watched the "we like the moon" video and thought "That's perfect for my brand!"

probably some marketing guy who doesn't get how this "popular stuff with kids in the internet" works...
Anyone else suddenly crave sandwiches?

Toasty sandwiches!

fade

fade

I prefer pvp.

Cajungal

Cajungal

GUH, thank goodness. I hate those soulless eyes.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Who could have watched the "we like the moon" video and thought "That's perfect for my brand!"?
It's not the first time a company has decided to use Joel's creations for their marketing efforts. Heck, he even sued Coca-Cola and won when they tried to steal one of his ideas.

--Patrick

evilmike

evilmike

Anyone else suddenly crave sandwiches?

Toasty sandwiches!
The biggest tragedy is that the partnership did not last long enough for Quiznos to start using hover bacon.