Schockwave SCHUCKS (HELP!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am growing increasingly frustrated with Justin.tv and uStream - not because of the content, but because I can't get the ####ing videos to PLAY.

Here's what's up: it doesn't matter what browser I use (IE, FF, Safari). When I open up a live stream (or even a recorded one) on either site, I get a blank black box where the video should be playing.

I don't have the problems with YouTube or sites like MLB.com - only with the two sites listed. I don't have either site on any (known) block lists (like hosts or such). And I can't find ANYTHING out there to help.

What's even MORE frustrating: I've managed to get a justin.tv page to load SOME SWF files - but it's a freakin' AD on the right of the main video window - which sits there, black and blank.

I already tried the suggested "uninstall and reinstall" from Adobe's help page, but that ain't working.
Yes, I'm running XPSP3, but c'mon, man, this is getting ridiculous.

Anyone wanna suggest something? I suspect a codec issue, but which one?

I had a similar problem with youtube. It got fixed when I uninstalled flash then uninstalled my browser (saving my bookmarks and noting the addons I had) then reinstalling it all. I also had tried uninstalling just flash but I had to uninstall both for it to work again.

Status
Not open for further replies.