Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stole this from my roommate to read while flying recently, and found myself completely loving it! Has anyone else read this? I'm gonna look into the rest of the series ASAP. I love the art style, the humor style, and the action/fighting parts were pretty fun and easy to follow, when I usually don't like those as much in comics. I'm also definitely more psyched for the upcoming movie, although I'm not sure Michael Cera will be able to pull it off! Hopefully I'll be surprised!

sidebar: we don't have tags on this forum?

I've read all the ones that have actually been released so far. I love the humour, and the fact that Brian Lee O Malley uses actual places in Toronto, so the scenery is recognizable. To be honest, I find it hard to tell characters apart the way he draws them, but nonetheless I love the series.

Can't wait for the movie to come out. I'm a big fan of Edgar Wright too, so I know its going to be good.

Honestly, I read the first volume and didn't like it.

Scratch that. I liked MOST of it. It was a really well written slice-of-life kind of comic based in Toronto. I liked a lot of the characters and the geeky references.

And then, the last 10 pages or so, there's the fight scene. The fight itself doesn't come out of nowhere, but the way it was presented made absolutely no sense within the context of the rest of the comic. All of a sudden, Scott and the evil boyfriend are fighting like something out of Dragonball Z or Street Fighter. All the supporting characters suddenly look like they're in a trance, talking out of character and suddenly Scott is one of the greatest fighters on the planet? I was reading it and saying, "What the hell is this crap?" It was just ridiculous.

So, I've never given it a second chance since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.